Ti-Fat-Man's Ti Fat

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
Bit of a tongue twister but here it is :)

coming along nicely, look forward to seeing it complete.

edited to add picture of completed bike.

pics02_182.jpg

Attachments

• pics04.jpg
    pics04.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 5,829
  • pics05.jpg
    pics05.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 5,829
Seem's busy from this camp today. Suggestions please for the fork.
What have you got out there to temp me? The odd Big one prehaps - dream on al!
the builds only waiting for the front end, cos got the wheels/transmission etc
spec gotter be 1" and running an ahead, cheers alan.

For forks I'd get a 1" ahead Judy bolted crown. Get a newsish set of SIDs and chop the legs out of the bonded crown (careful now) and fit them into the bolted crown. Jobs a goodun' :D

Looking very good, how is that ringle skewer working as a seat binder :?:

Forkwise, I'm running mine with mid / late '90s Pace RC30s. resulting in a very agile bike and light bike (shame about the the rider tho' ;) )

Notice on ebay there's several pairs of vintage RC35s (the sus original version of said fork) availible at the moment...

tangent, i was looking at those rc30 forks, thought they could do the trick, itching to get the bike 'stood up' on it's wheels, seems like the real deal when it can roll, rather than hanging from a beam in the garage, other than that looking a buying a vicious-cycles unicrown from the states, got to put up with the wait though, cheers alan.

alan, have you considered getting a similar rigid fork made up by one of the U.K. framebuildes for example Chas Roberts? He actually made a very FAT Chance style fork to go his state of the art steel frame called the Dogs Bolx.

Just out of curiosity what colour would you choose for the forks if you got them produced by Viscous?

why bother with FAT copies? FAT yo eddy or big 1inch forks do appear. Get 1 sprayed up in the matching blue decal colour @ the dropout, fade to silver. As FAT intended & it looks the bolx :D

Big One - nice. Check out the last pair I saw on ebay.com. Maybe a set of RC-31s as suggested by tangent would be a sympathetic interim.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back