High speed retro transport

Great car! Series III if I am not mistaken.

I have aways loved the Aston Martin DBS and V8's so I am SO feeling the Jensen thing! :cool:

Stick Legs":e2fzdrhm said:
Great car! Series III if I am not mistaken.

I have aways loved the Aston Martin DBS and V8's so I am SO feeling the Jensen thing! :cool:

I know what you mean- always hankered after an early DBS but alas out of my price range now.

Its an early series II, 1968, so it has the nice external look but without the pretty early dash.

I went down to check out the damage today. not as bad as i was expecting but took a look at the bodyshop it was in and insisted that it was sold 'as-is' and delivered up to my workshop to be repaired properly. I got a chunk off the price and it will be delivered mid week.

Had a ten minute ride in it- its a fecking bulldog of a car- a true brit hotrod. The sound of those exhausts on idle was just awesome- i was trying to be cool and all business like but just kept pissing myself with laughter every time the car rocked over to one side when the throttle was buried into the carpet. For a big lump of car it sure went well too, it hit 100 from a junction within 15 seconds easy.
It might be an old dinosaur compared to all this modern Jap techno stuff, but its in a league of its own characterwise- i think I'm gonna love it!

Need to complete the look now, found a 70's Longines pilots watch on eBay last night, just the roll top sweater, Rothmans fags and Herb Alpert 8 tracks to get sorted now- Cote d'azure here I come :LOL:

Oh and it will swallow a couple of bikes in the back too- happy days indeed ;)

4WD was the Jensen Interceptor FF (Ferguson Formula).
Much rarer and more expensive. Easy spot is that the FF has 2 vertical vents on the front wings, not 1 and it has a bonnet 'scoop' to clear the airbox (as the Dunlop maxaret ABS system uses vacuum and the box for that is next to the carb).

S**t I need to get out more. :oops:

That's absolutely beautiful. Respect dude. :cool:

I've always been a fan of British muscle cars. I had a Series 1A E Type for a while (When the straight 6 hard tops could still be had for sensible money).

Went like absolute stink and then the arse fell out of it (Like they do! :roll: ).

Mind you I've got to say...the one car I am so going to own before I die is a Camaro RS SS. :twisted:

Well done mate, you just can't beat a big lazy V8.

I was expecting to see a dull old Golf or something (no offence to Golf drivers - I have two Volvos so I'm on pretty shaky ground :LOL: )

That's a real car. The pain at the pumps is bound to be more than made up for by the enjoyment of sight/sound/smell!

ajm":2yjmqjm0 said:
The pain at the pumps is bound to be more than made up for by the enjoyment of sight/sound/smell!

It ran out of fuel last week whilst moving out of workshop so i got 3 gallon cans and headed down the station for some super Uleaded. Put it in, moved it from top barn back to workshop (100yds), ran it for 20 mins on a fast idle to get oil hot for service. Fuel light came back on :shock: Its gonna hurt running that bugger!

Managed to get a repalcement door fitted at weekend and sorted out some 38 year old electrical gremlins, tidied up a few pipes in the engine bay etc. Should be road worthy again next week. Will get some pics posted 2mrw. Jesus it sounds nice, can't wait to drive it again ;)

Back