Which bike do I sell/keep, problem solved!!!

Admittedly when I previously had the Giant for sale I hadn't riden it at that point. Anyway I took the Basso for a quick 5mile leg loosener last night and really enjoyed it (except for the pedal/toe and wheel overlap when I turn out of my street).
The Giant I actually built because my modern Boardman Pro Carbon was stolen (sad as it was owned by a pro before me). So the next project is a new carbon bike. From that respect it seems to make sense to keep one steel and one carbon, even though the Giant isn't like the carbon of today's standards.

Yeah I think I'm wavering towards the Basso, watch this space.

Re: Which bike do I sell/keep, help needed?!!!

riddim-track":1924bjly said:
This one fits me like a glove and is a really nice comfortable ride.

I'd go for comfort, you'll have a longer term future together. Once your old enough to have pubes growing out of places they shouldn't be and you dribble down your chin when riding uphill, comfort will mean everything :)

get rid of that taiwanese abomination!!! keep that basso!

i obviously don't know much about the history of the two.

I still keep a japanese gas pipe univega suprasport because my misses bought it for me from the local thrift shop and it was my first roadie...I don't know what to do coz its a shit tubing and heavy as hell but it has sentimental value. :)

vaeske":b3d6umpt said:
get rid of that taiwanese abomination!!! keep that basso
:LOL:

In all fairness the Giant is a pretty nice frame and was the biz in it's day, check it out on page 5 here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2...2_GALLERYSID=0d730615f575a4da335f778632a17aae I do like giants and have had a few over the years but I agree the Basso is far more 'class'.

Anyway, having mulled this one over enough it's decided. The Basso is staying. Now I just have to decide whether to keep it 9spd or transplant the 10spd kit onto it :roll:

Thanks for the input guys, its been good getting all your opinions... now, who wants to buy a 1994 Giant Cadex CFR-3? ;)

Looks better with silver group set. It'll look too busy otherwise.

Ditch the splash & get some white or black bar tape . It'll look a treat.

bugloss":2mv70o19 said:
Looks better with silver group set. It'll look too busy otherwise.

Ditch the splash & get some white or black bar tape . It'll look a treat.

Yeah, I've got some black tape here I keep meaning to put on, although I have a bit of a soft spot for splash tape (reminds me of my teenage years).

I decided to keep the silver 9spd group and just get bigger cassette, you're right the black/carbon stuff would look out of place and anyway I only ride this bike locally in London, Herts, Essex where its basically flat.

I had to laugh at the link from Ray Dobbibs . But I have to fess up here, I too have splash on my Basso. :D

bugloss":1y1346in said:
I had to laugh at the link from Ray Dobbibs . But I have to fess up here, I too have splash on my Basso. :D

Ok so you're 'out & proud' too then :LOL:

Well in my opinion 2 tone splash on the right bike can be ok but you have to tread carefully and multi-coloured splash is a no no all day.

With regards to the comment on Ray Dobbibs page about team colours, bikes & jerseys being bad in the 80s/90s... are they really much better now? think Cannondale liquigas for example.

Haha, well there's no turning back now. A chap came this morning to buy my Cannondale frame and when he saw the Giant was rather taken by that instead. A quick srip down and 15 minutes later £150 in my pocket :D

Right... now, list these parts and on to the next one

Back