430mm rigid forks ??????

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Any one know if there are 430mm rigid forks available not too expensive.......they all seem to be 420 / 440mm

Salsa do 425mm. Vicious do 437mm . Nowt in between that I know of.

AS Carl says, you won't notice 5mm, or even 10.

5mm no, 10mm i can feel in the steering, 10mm is actually quite a lot to raise a head angle (just my opinion of course).........sure i've seen englehart ??? at 430..........had some Salsa that were 5mm more than advertised.......just trying to remenber if their 425 actuallt measures 430mm ? c or crown to c of axel as some measure it slighly differently.

Englehart? Do you mean Chris Igleheart?
If you feel it in the steering change the stem...honestly do not think it is such an issue but it is your ride. ;)

sorry jacking a head tube up 10mm is quite a change to the head angle and the way a bike handles, dialing in or subtracting 10mm travel off a wind down fork can be felt by most people. Changing the stem would not be a suitable solution.

Think it was Salsa that was actuallt 430mm but advertised as 425.....it's the way they measure them i think.

It's more likely to be the way you measure them. Salsa forks are exactly as they describe them, which is more than I could say for most steel forks I've tried.
What offset are you after?

Turning this backwards how do you know that this frame needs this size fork - what make of frame is it?

What fork was the original fitment?

Back