Gary Fisher SAAB Ltd Edition?

Bimdapogs

Dirt Disciple
Hey guys,
I'd like to find more info on this bike that I have. Year manufactured maybe and were they sold as complete bikes, or were they give-aways that came with a SAAB GF edition vehicle purchase?

It's decently spec'd but I'm not sure if they're original parts. I initially bought it as a donor bike - scavenged the parts to get a Merlin XLM running. The XLM has mostly 95x XTR now, so I'm thinking of building this bike back up.

Here's a pic before I took the parts. Any input is appreciated.

DSC_9542.jpg

M750 brake/shift levers, cassette and derailleurs
RF Next carbon crankset w/ RF Taperlock BB
2002 SID
Bonty Race Lite wheelset

That is a nice looking frame, with some tasty parts hanging off it. I can't offer any insight on the history I'm afraid.

Regards

Thanks! No worries. This is what I got from another forum:

To top off the package, a Saab Limited Edition Gary Fisher mountain bike is also included. The bike offers Fisher's 6061 T6 aluminum frame with Genesis geometry, a Rock Shox Judy XC fork, Bontrager Superstock wheels and Shimano Components. The bike, which features unique Saab Team Blue paint with Fisher Team Yellow decals, is only available with this vehicle and has a retail value of $900. The Saab 9-5 Wagon Gary Fisher Edition will be available this March, and Saab plans to produce only 650 units.

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/press/000228b.html

Interesting stuff! As I own a 1999 Saab (car) myself, I think it only right and proper that you should send it my way to join its spiritual brother ;)

Regards

About 2003 their car sponsor changed to Subaru if that helps.

Just looked through the archives on here and 2001 looks to be yours (paint and wheels size).

Latest posts

Back