Show us yer FSR's

Bullpup":2dg1vl9k said:
twain":2dg1vl9k said:
bigmick":2dg1vl9k said:
frame arrived today, front mech is xtr so even more a bargain, will probably start build tomorrow

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300774410635? ... _cvip=true

that is a lovely frame :) would be interested to know the i2i on the shock - looks longer than standard 165mm...

Standard varies between 155mm (6") and 165mm (6.5") depending on age of frame so my guess is that this shock is a later fitment.

Interesting to see the effect on hamdling since I have been thinking about buying one of this length for mine.
is yours built yet, mine will be complete over weekend need some gear cables and maybe a chain

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Final parts arrived today and have just been fitting the isis bb only to find that my bb tool isn't quite deep enough. :(

Will try the lbs tomorrow but I think I saw a sign in his window saying he is on holiday!

what does your tool look like? i got an isis BB tool like this one:

IceToolz-icetoolz-isis-shimano-8-notch-bottom-bracket-cup-tool-IMG22226.jpg

i'd be willing to lend it to you if it'll do the job and be quicker?
edit: i used this one to fit an isis to my 98 Ground control...

Thanks very much but my bb uses the same design as the shimano internal threaded tool. I will perhaps see if I can just grind it out. Just pi**ed off it seems endless.

hurry up and get it finished then :)
i installed a blue CK headset today matches my recently fitted Manitou triple clamps. also slapped on some hope hubs/mavic rims.
also got the rear disc all mounted up (and the chainstay bolt filed down to gain clearance).
looking forward to tuning it all up and getting another ride out of it soon.
went out recently, but only had the front brake working, so was quite a sedate-ish ride :)
new pics coming soon :)
i bloody love my FSR :) she's a bit on the heavy side, but it keeps my glued to the track!

Seat Stay drilled and Sharkfin mounted.

Headset Removal tool made and cup removed.

Headset insert tool made and Crank Bros Sage Headset fitted.

Tioga Factory DH 2.1 X 2 removed - rear just touched Chain Stay. 2 x 1.95 whatever's there fitted.

Jr T's with Azonic Hammerhead fitted.

Shifters fitted and Cables run.

So progress at last :LOL:

Bullpup":9caf9pk3 said:
Tioga Factory DH 2.1 X 2 removed - rear just touched Chain Stay

progress is certainly a slow process as far as i'm concerned - that list would have taken me at least one month to complete!
I wonder if the chainstay width is different between yours and my FSR. i have kujo 2.35s on mine and they fit (with about 3/4mm clearance from the chainstay either side....its not the best clearance for mud etc, but it's not close enough to be of concern...

Well I had the bit between my teeth.

The Chainstays are very beefy but I think the problem may be the large edge / side lugs on the Tiogas.

Back