Project Parkpre Pro825

Thanks for the opinions guys. Having run the big tyres on Saturdays meet i'll confirm what I thought, brilliant at soaking up the big stuff but you really pay the penalty on the climbs!
I've noticed some splits developing in the Specialized tyre too, it has had a hammering over the years though, can't expect too much from a 14year old tyre!
Big thumbs up to the Judy SL's too. First time i've run them and they are pretty good.

I think silver suits the excellent frame too. Also the Judy SL is a better match for an XC frame than the heavier DH.

I have a similar 96 SL in pieces at the moment, so I'd be interested to know what set up yours has - steel springs? Risse? Englund?

Anthony":16yhwvuw said:
I think silver suits the excellent frame too. Also the Judy SL is a better match for an XC frame than the heavier DH.

I have a similar 96 SL in pieces at the moment, so I'd be interested to know what set up yours has - steel springs? Risse? Englund?

The SL's are just standard MCU's although I'm thinking of maybe upgrading in the future. I have only just started running them so i'll see how I get on first.

Had a run with the lighter silver rims and porcs today, quite a bit more sprightly :D

What's your opinion guys on the latest build (original Parkpre supplied Spinner trple butted forks and ive changed the saddle finally!), does it still need silver stem/post? I just can't get a build i'm happy with :?
Should it have canti's now, but then the chainset will need chaingin, have RS1 cranks that i need a spider and rings for, would that suit?

Help!

SNC13883.JPG

Current build on first page. Have reverted back to rigid and cantis. A lot of fun now and very fast :D

Bought some scales, bike weighs 22.8lb in its current trim. Which reminds me I need to upload some new photos.

Back