Rover 75 diesel, '01

suburbanreuben":1viouybj said:
mikee":1viouybj said:
i just wouldn't it will be a pile of crap , or it might ,just might be okay

Any personal experience here? You're being a bit vague...

its a rover and a diesel ,2 strong reasons
some DO go on for ever but most end up at the side of the road till some neds torch them

and 800 quid seems a bit much , hardly a bargain

Harryburgundy":1afe83b7 said:
£800 will get you a W124 Merc (nearly)...certainly get you a 190e
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-MERCEDES ... 3f1b6b483a

I've just sold a Merc; worst car I've ever had! Admittedly it was a '98 E300, the worst car they ever made, but even the good bits were bad. I have two terriers; they got past the dog/load guard in 30 secs and trashed the interior, causing more damage in one month than my old Subaru suffered in 8 years!
Flimsy flamsy! Switch gear all over the shop, and that handbrake... :roll:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
suburbanreuben":v19bxpcn said:
Harryburgundy":v19bxpcn said:
£800 will get you a W124 Merc (nearly)...certainly get you a 190e
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-MERCEDES ... 3f1b6b483a

I've just sold a Merc; worst car I've ever had! Admittedly it was a '98 E300, the worst car they ever made, but even the good bits were bad. I have two terriers; they got past the dog/load guard in 30 secs and trashed the interior, causing more damage in one month than my old Subaru suffered in 8 years!
Flimsy flamsy! Switch gear all over the shop, and that handbrake... :roll:

'98 was in the era when MB was ruled by the accountants. The 190 that HarryB has linked to is from '93, when engineers still ruled the roost, and the cars were VERY robust. The era of Der Panzerwagen. Of the Rover and the MB190, I'd go for the Merc every time.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
highlandsflyer":kwyiafe2 said:
My dad has a Rover estate with the beemer engine. Bought it just before they folded, but it has not skipped a beat since then.

They are not all bad, and 800 notes is 800 notes.

:)
Quite, and "one owner from new" says a lot in my book, especially after 11 years...

Should be a 75 Connoisseur for that sort of money. If the BMW engine has been looked after it will go on for ever. My brother in law sold his with 346,000 miles on the clock and it was running like it would do the same again :shock:

mikee":lk1fwaph said:
suburbanreuben":lk1fwaph said:
mikee":lk1fwaph said:
i just wouldn't it will be a pile of crap , or it might ,just might be okay

Any personal experience here? You're being a bit vague...

its a rover and a diesel ,2 strong reasons
some DO go on for ever but most end up at the side of the road till some neds torch them

and 800 quid seems a bit much , hardly a bargain

What's the problem with diesels ? Far more reliable and economical than petrol or at lesat they were until they started overenginerring them for performance as opposed to longevity.......

diesels ?
just personal choice
dont like the way they drive , most are no revs and no power
economical , well yes , till you factor in perhaps a turbo re-build , some engine management random fault , a set of injectors, pumps etc
the £1800 bill from that lot will wipe out any fuel savings quite quickly

i agree not all diesels are like this ,my mates got a big old 2.5 l merc thats
got about 500,000 miles on it still going strong apart for a few consumables , he had a 504 pug with similar miles before the rust got it

@ reuben , buy it , prove me wrong :LOL:

dont pay more than 600 tho

Mate had the MG 2.5 V6 that uses the same dual mass flywheel as the diseasel, clutch pedal dropped without warning one day. Ended up having to have new cylinder, new DMF & clutch, think it cost him the better part of £1200 in the end.

Yet for all the problems he had, i still think the dark grey MG estate parked up the top of our road looks fecking lovely, and i will say my mates handled really nice :LOL:

Back