New Ritchey P-Team

Pretty sure the reason behind the bent down tube is clearance for the fork crown.
The bikes have an integrated headset, so a very low stack height. Without the bend in the DT the forks would whack it if they went right round.

I know this because my Global has an integrated headset, but a straight DT, and the forks DO whack it when they go right round :roll:

Mm is nice so veryy nice and i have two kidneys - I'm pretty sure i only need one!

Just back from Friedrickshafen. The Ritchey lineup has a 26" and a 29". They were on display at the same booth which hosted Cielo Frames, welded by one of the Sicyp bros so Ps were not at the centre of attention. I grabbed a P29 (I'm a 29er supporter) is very light, so I bet the 26 is the same. Nice and not too expensive. The 29" costs about 1000 Euros.

are the curved rear stays for shock absortion, like curved forks on road bikes?

otherwise can't see the point of them. not sure about the inboard disc calliper mount - GF/Trek and Klein had it that way but it in some cases the stays would snap hence they are now outside the triangle., h mmmmm....

I think it is stupid that they called the 29" the P-29er. I dunno, something the 'er' seems silly to me. Would have preferred a simple "P-29."

Not that I am in the market for one....

I can understand the bend in the rear stays to accommodate the disc brake, but the bent down tube look unnecessary and detracts from the look of the frame.

And why are any mountain bike frame makers still putting the seatpost binder slot on the rear of the seat tube? In fact why does any frame maker for any type of bike, put them around the front and they don't end up full of crap.

I would love one (primarily in the big-wheel versions), if they looked like a proper Ritchey.

I understand the reason for the bent downtube, but I don't like it.
And they all lack THE definitive Ritchey trademark: The fastback seat cluster, with the seat stays meeting the clamp. If they had retained that feature (or maybe the other clamp design with Plexus curved stays), I would have already bought one.

Just one filleted joint or the original seatclamp design would have put these in a class way above the masses. There must be scope for including a few nice details on a mass-produced bike priced at £1000. But nope. Ah well.... :roll:

Back