Diamondback Response Elite

xengibez

Retro Newbie
Ive owned this from new and its been gathering dust for quite a few years in the garage. 2 weeks ago i bought the wife a new bike and got my sad old bike out... It was a right mess, i thought its 18 years old get a new one.
So i bought a 2010 Kona Hei Hei....

Then i got laid off from work last friday and have spent most of this week stripping, cleaning lubing and polishing this back to the beauty i remembered it to be...

So now i have 3 bikes in the garage, now i think i will sort out my old Cobra road bike....

Attachments

• Response Elite.jpg
    Response Elite.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 1,647
Very nice, any more pics?

Sorry to be picky but it would look much better with the bar ends dropped in line with the stem ;)

chrisv40":2yy12zew said:
Very nice, any more pics?

Sorry to be picky but it would look much better with the bar ends dropped in line with the stem ;)

This is really nice :cool: I'd get rid of the bar ends, if it were mine.

original

Apart from the spd pedals ( taken from the Kona hei hei), tryres and the bar ends :-( everything is as she rolled out of the shop in 1994.
Well other than the triumph tiger exhaust valve springs that reside in the forks.
It's still a fantastic bike to ride and it will be getting a lot more use than it has had lately.

The wife wanted me to throw it out when I got the Kona, but I told her you go first...
The wheels just need a bit more cleaning up..
What extra photos would you like of the bike....?

Re: original

xengibez said:
The wife wanted me to throw it out when I got the Kona, but I told her you go first...
quote]

did she ? :LOL:

nice bike btw

Back