Raleigh Banana Bike

michael franks":22c2eymg said:
scarrabri wrote:

the guy in the bike shop and Tel said it will be a joy to ride then, so i hope thats right , Brian.

I agree with both of them and each 'upgrade' will make a marked improvement on what is already a good bikE. Are you going to upgrade the brakes?
Hi ,well took the bike in to my local b/shop and the guy there was over the moon lol and his staff were queing up to be the one that was to work on it , lol now i havent quite got my head around this because as i said to the guy its a beautiful bike but its only a copy lol,he then starts talking money and what it could be worth but as i said im not selling it .

As for the gears it will be a 14 gear new der,and chain and very easy to peddle , i collect bike friday ,as for the brakes they work ok so im not sure yet thanks for the interest.Brian. ps i have asked for all the bits back.

Tel":280senin said:

Hey its a smart hat and i am tempted lol but there a few more things i still need for my bike, i sorted the gears with B/Shop and i get 14 gears a new chain and a Der which he said will make a really good upgrade ,like you and michael franks wrote: i have to say the bike caused quite a stir in the shop when they saw it ,and i was sort of proud and pleased all at the same time, i have also asked for all the bits back that they take off ,just in case.thanks for all the help i will let you know friday when i get my bike back how good it rides ,best wishes Brian.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Tel":6aawji2x said:
Good call on asking for the bits back.

How much did the lbs think it was worth?
Well he asked how much i paid for bike and i said £150 and he said in that condition it could be worth twice that ,but like i say i just want to ride it and enjoy it ,funny thing is i live in a flat and theres not much room and i am more or less sleeping with it at the moment as its in my bedroom lol.

Ha! You sound like a teenager with a new toy. My bike used to be in my bedroom when I lived at home, however the missus won't let me...

In regards to value of course it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay but I would say that you paid about right if it's a very good example, £200 is probably the ceiling price for this model but then if you can get £300 then perhaps I'm wrong....

Looking forward to seeing the new pics and a ride report :)

As a note of interest I think the Team Raleigh Banana was about £150 when it was new.

I also think they were later than 1982 more like 1989 I reckon.

Tel":csswf7nw said:
Ha! You sound like a teenager with a new toy. My bike used to be in my bedroom when I lived at home, however the missus won't let me...

In regards to value of course it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay but I would say that you paid about right if it's a very good example, £200 is probably the ceiling price for this model but then if you can get £300 then perhaps I'm wrong....

Looking forward to seeing the new pics and a ride report :)
Hi i think if i said yes to £300 he would soon change is mind ,dont you think lol as for the year ,im sure the seller said 1982 i have wrote to him but no reply yet.

They're definitely from around 1988 / 1989. The frame that kipperthedog is picking up from me tonight used to be my brothers - he was about 14 when it was bought for his joint birthday-christmas present, and he was born in 1975 = 1989! :)

Back