Corneal injury

Retro Cat

Senior Retro Guru
Morning All

As per my intro I've got a 2.5mm gash in my cornea due to a motorcycle cable popping and cutting across my eye :shock: So has anyone suffered a similar eye injury? (I'm going to use safety goggles when working on bikes from now on) Apparently it takes a week to heal completely? and I've been told I'm a rubbish patient :evil:

I lent forward into a stray strand of cable a few year back, scratched my eyeball - healed quickly but if my eyes are dry I sometimes feel the scar which is irritating.

It feels a lot more comfortable now but on Monday and Tuesday this week it felt like a description of labour through my left eye. I can feel the scratch a bit still although the swelling in my eye's completely gone. Still a bit sensitive to light mind...

sparks from angle grinder embedded in eye (young, stupid, no goggles, I know)

worse part was the magnifying machine i had to put my head into, and the tweesers approaching my eyeball, then pulling the shards out... proper scary, and felt like my eye was getting tugged out

G

had a 10 mm scratch on mine, from an elastic band :oops:

Took a few weeks, but I was lucky and made full recovery. Was blind in that eye for 2 weeks

Pyro Tim":365hfm6w said:
had a 10 mm scratch on mine, from an elastic band :oops:

Took a few weeks, but I was lucky and made full recovery. Was blind in that eye for 2 weeks

That's scary - I'm so lucky that I didn't lose my sight

It was scarey, and I felt stupid, but no lasting damage luckily. Hope you make a full recovery too.

Met a guy a couple of weeks ago that popped his eye with a flailing rope when sailing, he wasn't so lucky and now looks like a pirate

Pyro Tim":2dqg0xuz said:
It was scarey, and I felt stupid, but no lasting damage luckily. Hope you make a full recovery too.

Met a guy a couple of weeks ago that popped his eye with a flailing rope when sailing, he wasn't so lucky and now looks like a pirate

Isn't it funny - that was my initial reaction feeling stupid. It's scarey because it came out of the blue with no grand narrative behind it but completely random. Aargh getting paranoid now never doing anything ever again...just going sitting in front of the goon lantern getting fatter

First sign of anything not feeling right after initial healing then go and see an eye consultant in hospital.........

There is a chance that the small flap of cornea fails to attach back in place........google Bowmans layer / recurrent corneal abrasion.

Shaun

Midlife":1ttp2uei said:
First sign of anything not feeling right after initial healing then go and see an eye consultant in hospital.........

There is a chance that the small flap of cornea fails to attach back in place........google Bowmans layer / recurrent corneal abrasion.

Shaun

I'm off to the Brighton Eye Hospital this afternoon for a final check-up before returning to work on Monday. The eye feels a bit puffy but so much better than earlier in the week...

Back