Vernon Barker????

Green Rhino

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,

Im new on here

Im recently brought a Vernon barker on ebay basically because it was cheap an i needed a commuter hack to get to work as i was fed up of my fixie!

My bike is a strange beast its ali has tt aero esk forks a comparatively deep "aero" down and seat tube. While the spec on it when i got it was really low! its also got a really cool paint job which the dude selling described it as "walkers crisps" but my mates at work call it Rasta (its green yellow and red)..my wife and dad call the bike Vernon the Rasta.

in the past few months i have fallen in love with it and love it way more than a couple of bianchis that have cost 5 time the amount I paid for it! slowly I am upgrading bits as i go, i got some silver R500 shimano wheels which made it a million times better. In spring Im going to up grade to 10 speed, and treat it to midlleburn road crank set if i can find one on the bay!!

I looked into Vernon Barker when I was buying the bike and found their web site but that was about it, are they any good, as before I brought it I had never heard of them!

Well you can't leave it there! Where is the picture!?

Vernon Barker? Yeah they're good. Can't tell you anything about them, although I'm sure others can but I do know they are a good, handbuilt, brand.

Vernon's alive and well and still building frames. He sprayed up my Peugeot earlier this year.

He used to trade as MB Cycles until he sold his business.

Here's his website: http://www.vernonbarkercycles.co.uk/

I remember going downstairs in his shop (where he still trades from) back in the late 1980's and early nineties and seeing frames for the likes of Malcom Elliot, Tim Gould and Dave Baker hanging up waiting for collection after they had been resprayed.

thanks gents..Im trying to get some pics off my phone!!

i didnt think any one would be that intrested in it!

I saw there web site when i was bidding.

I have a trip up to chesterfield for a mates birthday soon may take the bike up and ask him about it!!

i have only just found vernon barker's through this site. His shop is less than 1/2 mile from my house. i have heard good things so i will def be calling upon him when my old giant speeder lite needs some TLC.

Back