And today I did......

clubby":27lel8q0 said:
Won a £60 voucher for the Bike Chain in Edinburgh in the Singletrack magazine Tuesday treats draw. Do I keep it for something sensible or blow the load on something shiny?

Mmmm, shiny :)

They sell some very nice kit. Have fun shopping.

Tazio":1opglp8t said:
clubby":1opglp8t said:
Won a £60 voucher for the Bike Chain in Edinburgh in the Singletrack magazine Tuesday treats draw. Do I keep it for something sensible or blow the load on something shiny?

Mmmm, shiny :)

They sell some very nice kit. Have fun shopping.
Good guys too, sorted me out quick smart with minimum of hassle when the roof-rack kit I bought from then turned out to have a part missing.

Tried my new turbo trainer tonight (cheers Michael).

Thought I had at least a tiny bit of bike fitness. I was wrong. 30 minutes of lead legs and pishing sweat.

Wasted a tenner on one of those Sufferfest vids too.

30 mins is a good stint don't be to hard on your sell, best I managed was 50 mins and I could not walk after it. Keep at it and I think 30 mins is a good time to stick to, just vary the intensity.

Was out for a 45 min burl on the wicked tonight- If that bike had a gash, I swear I would marry it.

zigzag":1y66xhxp said:
Tried my new turbo trainer tonight (cheers Michael).

Thought I had at least a tiny bit of bike fitness. I was wrong. 30 minutes of lead legs and pishing sweat.

Wasted a tenner on one of those Sufferfest vids too.

only ever do 30-40 min sessions (sometimes giving up after 25 mins of intervals :oops: :cry: )

you'll find a 30 min sessions makes a difference when you hit the road (or the scales)

got out on the road last night, late home from work so thought I'd better put the lights on bike incase

15 miles from home chain snapped :( fixed back on the bike lights on

10 miles from home, hit pot hole - puncture :cry: fixed back on the bike

7 miles from home battery ran out on front light :( so 30 mins of coasting down farm roads using sonar and luck to stay on the road

need to eat more carrots

(question, cree xml lights things - when the button starts to glow, is that a low battery indicator ??)

That's encouraging Graeme, wasn't sure if 30 minutes would be long enough to make much of a difference. Will try it again with the sufferfest vid, and make sure I don't set out too hard, too early.

The Cree lights - On mine, it glows all the time when it's off, irregardless of battery - mine is a couple of years old now, one of the original 900lm ones.

I've always set of in mid(ish) resistance and used my gears for the intervals. I find that the lactic build up is quicker than the road and that my speeds are slower than the road whilst effort is increased

basically I use a heart rate monitor to manage the session

Back