almost unused 1998 team saracen rufftrax

bert g

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys, just picked up a bike for a guy at work to commute on but its that new looking it would be a shame to abuse it like that when you saracen fans may appreciate it better. its a 1998 ( I think ) team saracen rufftrax and it looks practically brand new! hardly showing brake pad marks on the rims! all original, most parts saracen branded like tyres/pedals/stem/saddle etc absolutely no rust or wear whatsoever to anything. a few marks from storage and a bit dusty. I will give it a wipe over and put some picks up when I get chance. My first proper mountainbike back in the day was a saracen conquest elite so I have a bit of love for saracen! ;)

Story goes it was brought from a bankruptcy sale from local shop f lewis of worcester. Ridden round the block and then put away under cover.

Attachments

• IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 1,880
As I said in my first post, I feel this is too good to ride to work for someone who wouldn't appreciate it. If any of you are interested in a swap for something more modern and preferably a hybrid type bike and cash either way let me know. Cheers, Rob.

As I said in my first post, I feel this is too good to ride to work for someone who wouldn't appreciate it. If any of you are interested in a swap for something more modern and preferably a hybrid type bike and cash either way let me know. Cheers, Rob.

brocklanders023":zbmr9hnc said:
It's not a high end bike mate so I'd just ride and enjoy if I were you. Looks tidy.

Agreed, it's tidy, but sadly not hugely desirable. Get out and ride it. ;)

Takes me back though - attended the factory launch for that year (late '97), they had the whole range there on show, some nice top end stuff. Sold loads of them, and the abomination that is the 'Havoc' :shock:

Oh, I agree. it's just, you know, it's old but new and shiny! Might keep it myself for a pub bike and find my mate something else!

Back