Rotec Pro Downhill Resto-Custom Build

have only just seen this thread, jeebus I got some catching up to do. I'l be completely honest, Im not a big fan of these downhill bikes really (even though I love downhill racing I prefer the older normal frames rather than crazy ones) but occasionally I find one that looks just good enough for me to like. The bikes on this thread have just completely blown my mind, they are amazing.

in fact I think my eyeballs just exploded from the excitement after seeing some of those pictures.

Update

If anyone is wondering why there has been such a long gap since I updated this project, it is because I broke my ankle in three places. Broke the tib and fib racing the Red Bull Final Descent 12 hour downhill race. I had done 81 laps in 12 hours 55 minutes and was on my last race lap. Fatigue got me and a simple low side went horribly wrong.

I have not been able to work for over three months now. The first two months I spent on bed rest. I can just barely walk again, but I have a few months of physical therapy needed to get me walking correct.

ankle.jpg

I managed to get a few parts bolted on the Rotec today.
Handlebars are on, along with the grips.
I never found a #8 Hope DH4 caliper, so I went with an Enduro 4 caliper and a generation newer Mono master cylinder. I think that gives the cleanest, moto style look.
I rebuilt the caliper with new seals and installed new Goodridge pads and a braided stainless Goodridge hose.
The shifter and rear mech are now installed also.
Just need to install and plumb the rear brake hose and lever, but the pain is too great and I will have to tackle that another day.

Some pics:

HPIM2518.jpg

HPIM2519.jpg

yeouch! thats some hardware in your ankle..!!
hope you heal quickly :)

did you get the screws anodized to match the bike? :cool:

Bikes looking awesome! good to see some progress :)

Back