New perchase, 98 Marin mount vision...... I think??

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, I think i've just scored this which I've been told is a 98 Mount vision I got it quite cheap because it has a crack in the swing arm.

my%20marin%2098_zpsf27a16cc.jpg

what you think??

Rob

ok I dont think this is actually a mount vision due to the coil shock can anyone help with which model it may be??

It's a 1997 Mount Vision, they were coil shocks that year, and yes the mk1 swing arm was very prone to cracking! Still a great bike though, nice one!

21752b691dd7bac64974f00767c826ff_zps1ef57b95.jpg

I had one of them back in the day built up with Z1's, full XTR, HS33's, Big 'Uns on 521's etc. It was a pretty good bike, even though it was used for riding that it wasn't intended for. A mate had one too and it died due to a broken swing arm.

yeah as I said this one has a crack in the swing arm but my dad reckons he can get someone at his work to weld her up for me. Looking forward to getting it but not much idea what I'm gona do with it.

It'll be worth keeping an eye on eBay for a mk2 or mk3 (xc) swing arm, or indeed a complete frame set going cheap as I recall from my days working at a Marin dealer the mk1 swing arms really aren't up to any sort of hard riding in the slightest mate ;)

I'm thinkin about putting a wanted on here for one, I've just been looking at pics on google images and there a thread on here titled "hot rod mount vision" and that fella fitted an 07 swing arm to his.

Back