The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

greenstiles":2wpbt290 said:
got my eye on some other cables to try out too, inc 'space station cable ' ;)

Hope your eBay ad is going to say something like "a real scientist with a PhD says it works!" too ;)

Many moons ago (well, about 7 years actually), I was involved with the defensive aids systems on various aircraft, one of which was the ill fated Nimrod MRA-4. They'd originally used a particular spec of cable to wire from the sensors at the rear of the aircraft to the ECU towards the front. It was some sort of bundled white PTFE insulated stuff. Worked well.

'Somebody' changed the cable to a similar specced one from a different manufacturer, which apparently was exactly the same according to the datasheets, but in a blue sheath. We started seeing lots of errors in the data (which was pretty high speed video amongst other stuff) and couldn't figure out why. Lots of folk got involved in all sorts of esoteric investigation, and it turned out that the inter-core capacitance was affected by the dye in the sheath and was causing the impedance at video frequencies to change enough to cause data errors!

NOT that I'm suggesting this matters even a tiny weeny jot at audio frequencies! It just amused me at the time. :LOL:

ok here they are with proper size plugs '' little manderin'' will be going on ebay £20 for 2 foot pair. I want to offer value for money........but got 2 sets for retrobikers at £15.00 posted (proper plugs) as a special intro offer with 14 day money back if you don't like their sound. Have proper plugs exact size for cable at the rear/not like the mock up picks in previous text.
manderin%20002_zpsa6e90ac1.jpg

manderin%20003_zpsc145b739.jpg

manderin%20007_zpsa19ce83c.jpg

musical fidelity x tone

X tone
Wow they really go for big money now..........i had one, they work very well adding no noticable loss of quality having an extra thing in the pipe line......but they were only £150 i think new ! £255 !!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120985212060? ... 1423.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeah, saw them the other day and thought about a cheeky bid, but they look like they've led a hard life.

tintin40":2fzt9876 said:
My new cycle helmet with headphones built in :LOL:

No matter how good they sound, I just could not get past how much of a knobber I would look wearing them, so for that reason- (gruff Scottish voice) I'M OUT!

apache":2h1pwgib said:
Yeah, saw them the other day and thought about a cheeky bid, but they look like they've led a hard life.

The seller said when i asked him.
Sorry. The headphones do work. I just realize I declared them "not working" instead of "used". I tried to revise, ... No Way. thanks for your interest.

- dleandre

New foam can be bought from Sugden audio
The ps doesn't look good

Back