Show me your single speeds!

Re: Modern but retro at heart..

Little Bob":1pn0dgex said:
slimjoe":1pn0dgex said:
I did cheat and used the WHITE INDUSTRIES DOUBLE/DOUBLE drivetrain ;)

How does this work then?

I basically commute to work but also like to nip over some trails on the way back ;)

So this fits the bill....2 Cogs on the freewheel & 2 sets of teeth cut into the

front chainring..Slacken off the chain tension and move your chain up or

down, and you have 2 different gears..1 for the road and 1 for off road..

Because of the sizing used the chain length is not affected :D But you do have to use a 9 spd chain.

Bit bored and hungover today so decided to build this :) not quite finished still need a few finishing bits and bobs and some grips :oops: but I'm off out for a quick spin in the evening sunshine, might even have to stop off for a quiet pint somewhere ;)

Still think it would look nice in white though :LOL:

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

Some guy in stw this month has a '94 Kilauea cut n shut with paragon sliding mounts for discs.. stealth black with carbon RC31's :cool:

You can't beat singlespeed Konas :cool:

I too was bored and knocked up this one this weekend with odds and sods lying around. Bit of a ghetto SS. Frame is DB Axis. Judy DH forks. DX pedals. XTR rear hub, STX-RC front hub. VC-900 canti's up front. Bontrager handlebars. Exage cranks. STX-RC brake levers. Pleased that I found a magic ratio though - no need for tensioner or half-link etc. 36:16 in this case.

f75a07e83a85.jpg

Really like the blue chain on that Kona, funny how such small details can make a big difference..... :)

"God's in the details" I suppose :cool:

Peace out

Jolly Green Giant

Giant XTC Two2One Frame
Paul Components Word Hubs on Ceramic rims
Try-all Freewheel
Eno Cranks
Magura this and that
Splattering of Thomson
Maxxis Maxxlite
Crap photo!
Ebaystuff006.jpg

Ebaystuff014.jpg

Ebaystuff012.jpg

:LOL:

I did once have a Dean Ti, which I once built up as a single speed, King headset, Pace 100mm AHead stem.Pace RC31 carbon forks, Avid m,agnesium V's with Titanium hardware and Sram composite levers with Nokon cables, Titec pork rind grips, Easton CT2 carbon XC bars and CT2 carbon post, Selle Italia SLR, Hugi 240 hubs 32 + 3x with 517 ceramics, WCS tubes on Conti supersonics with Control Tech Skewers, DMR single speed stuff, with a Dura Ace crank set running the 39t ring on an Ultegra triple size BB with egg beaters. All carbon.alloy and ti fixings. This was stupid light, but no fun off road.

Now this is the only singlespeed I have :D My work/pub bike.

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

That's a nice build your bike Carl, I do like it alot and the colour of the frame, something different, nice one :)

Back