Italian Olmo steely for sale

kenster

Retro Guru
I am very dsitressed about posting this .
This is my much loved Olmo and i would love to keep it but have got a new bike coming and need to help fund it.
I bought the frame and have rebuilt the bike with a near new campag veloce (9 speed groupset) apart from simano 105 brakes (drop not long enough on the campag). The wheels which are Mavic open pros with campag hubs, they are bomb proof and run super smooth. Stronglight headset
I don't know that much about the frame manufacturing? but it's columbus tubing.
Cineli bars, new nitro stem, near new bar tape, new cables, new brake pads, just had a service.
Thanks for the reminder on size :oops: Seat tube is 56cm and top tube 55cm.

The bike is in great condition, and will give some one great service for years to come. The frame has got (obviously) a few chips and odd scuff. The olmo decals are raised slightly in places. The chainset has a some marks on it on the pedal arm. (SEE pic) I would think this could be polished out but have never been concerned about it.
The only thing that could proabaly do with changing are the tyres. They are old but again never been an issue for me. They are specialized armadilos.
Any questions please ask, I'm not entirely sure on the price but thought i'd ask £325 posted or £300 picked up.
I will truly be sorry to see it go and have loved riding it. Picture link below
SORRY don't know why the pics of the whole bike aren't there? i will upload asap.

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19 ... %20steely/

good luck with the sale; those Olmo frames seem to go for not much money, seen a couple on ebay sold for 70 quid ish... Nice looking ride tho!

OK thank you. I wasn't really sure what to ask based on the frame. I know the wheels and kit attached are all quality. Funny if they go cheaply the bike is a great ride soooo smoth. look like i'll need to drop the asking price then.

kenster":1zvmnymx said:
OK thank you. I wasn't really sure what to ask based on the frame. I know the wheels and kit attached are all quality. Funny if they go cheaply the bike is a great ride soooo smoth. look like i'll need to drop the asking price then.
Well it's not all doom and gloom; the parts can be worth more split rather than selling the whole bike; it must all be super clean and polished to get the best results...
1. you have a nice Nitto stem, got to be 30 all polished and shiny
2. groupset ( all the campy stuff ) 150?
3. wheels, all cleaned up, 80?
4. Shimao calipers, 25?
5. Bars 10?
6. seatpost and saddle , 25?
7. frame with Headset and BB, 120?

That's 440

whole bike usually less a third, say 300 with delivery? Just my 10 cents

Thanks for the comments. i have updated price on another forum. I was just super keen to get the bike on and it is very rarely not shiny as in pics. Just spray off the devon roads last time it was out.
I have reduced the bike to £325 posted or £300 picked up thanks jon

Back