Big Bob Jackson

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
errrrrrrrrr I think I might be doing something a bit rash.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120984755500? ... 97.c0.m619

I am rather tall but placing a bid on this may have been a wee bit incautious and I'm praying another BFG outbids me :oops:

Only time will tell :?

If I do win it and it doesn't fit, you lot will get first refusal.

Edit:
I realise as I've typed this that it might be misconstrued as an attempt to bump up the bidding. Its not, its yet another I wish I'd engaged gear before pressing submit moment :oops:

Please feel free to move or dump this post.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Crikey !

That's gotta be the largest frame I've ever seen ?
Will you be restoring it to its former glory once you win it ?

:facepalm:

Looks like a candidate for a little 'adjustment' at your local frame builder!

I'd like to meet the guy who originally rode it.... actually, on second thoughts.....

Nope not going to cancel bid but not going to raise it. I reckon I'm just big enough to ride it and thus it'd be really cool but I'll not cry if someone else gets it :cool:

When I saw the first photo on eBay I thought the frame looked all out of whack - like the image had been squished or compressed or something!

I can't quite get my head around how small the forks are compared to the frame...

Exactly my thought as well, the photo was squeezed somehwat, this frame must have been custom ordered right? never seen anything in this size before.

velomaniac":29tbc75j said:
I am rather tall but placing a bid on this may have been a wee bit incautious and I'm praying another BFG outbids me :oops:

That's one big frame! How tall are you if I may ask? Wonder if the frame flexes a lot under a tall/heavy rider - might benefit from a double top tube design.

Back