British Steel

Giom6":xpzmcdmz said:
sinnerman":xpzmcdmz said:
Giom6":xpzmcdmz said:
Oooohhhhh! Who is sending the pictures? ;)

You are a bugger...., i cant say it will spoil the surprise and give it away,

lets just say its a very very Rare Steel frame thats handmade, silver soldered and fillet brazed, made right here in the UK, still wearing its original race jacket and specification, which does include ROLLERCAMS.... :shock:

Damn you!

OMG, how do you do it?!?!?! :)

Pulled another rabbit out of the hat have you?

No, no rabbits out of the hat, this one needs to stay with its rightful owner, but he has requested my help with it. which was kinda cool to be honest.

That is very cool mate.

It shows somebody appreciates your vast knowledge and experience... :)

hollister":1cl0qrkr said:
sinnerman":1cl0qrkr said:
hollister":1cl0qrkr said:
Real roller cams?

I KNOW..... :shock: on a 24 year old British bike too....What ever NEXT... :LOL:

IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED.....LOL

I'm not sure we're speaking the same language

It wouldnt be the first time, we have spoke a different language, what where you referring too mate...?

Giom6":klvi3aky said:
That is very cool mate.

It shows somebody appreciates your vast knowledge and experience... :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Gio, i dont think they will need anything else other than perhaps help with refinishing and/or sourcing period correct replacement parts, anything else would make me feel like i was trying to teach a grandmother to suck eggs.... :oops: but i cant wait to see the pics, and help anyway i can, they are more than capable, but its the modern world for these guys now..., help from me, is only cus im still living in the past... :LOL:

Thought it was about time I had a British built frame....these are the "before" shots. 1990 Orbit 531 http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 68#1669468
fr_2961_size580_256.jpg
mNjvdl.jpg

Nothing new to report here, but thought I'd share this pic from Sundays Isle of Wight ride....

IOW016.jpg

My Overbury's perched on a WW2 gun emplacement, with a back-drop of JB666's Clockwork and The Needles :D
Doesn't get much more British

i still think thats gorgeous.... :cool: and such a fitting picture for this thread too.. :cool:

sinnerman":r9237q6c said:
i still think thats gorgeous.... :cool: and such a fitting picture for this thread too.. :cool:

Thanks.
I've ridden her more this year than ever, and have loved every minute!

Back