Alpinestars 2012 **purists look away now!**

Very nice, well done! I did mine in a Retro Modern look too, I think they look great?!? Check out mine too on previous posts!!!!
How does it ride?

Skinwhistle":3ahu6ogr said:
Very nice, well done! I did mine in a Retro Modern look too, I think they look great?!? Check out mine too on previous posts!!!!
How does it ride?

Had a look at yours, good job! Your reasons for wanting one are the same as mine, always wanted one BITD. How does it ride? Oh yes, I knew there was something I had forgotten :oops:

twain":3ahu6ogr said:
this does nothing to suppress my lust for these bikes :) well done chap, i really like it :)

Get one and join the club then!

That's a really nice build, I like that a lot.

I'm a big fan of retro/modern builds and all my recent bikes are put together that way, the next one even more so. It doesn't always sit well with some folks, but like others have said, if it keeps the bike in use, then that's what it's all about.

Absolutely love it..... in fact, I'm getting a semi right now just looking at it

Not a fan of the saddle, but thats the only comment I would have to make (other than not envying you when it comes to cleaning them tyres :LOL: )

F*** the purists.... if they are so bothered about it, l;et them make an offer to buy it and revert it back to its old, worn out clunky originality

Incidentally, your first picture evokes many childhood memories for me. I grew around Woldingham and Westerham, Forrest Row.... Box Hill was a favourite stomping ground obviously, and in fact I was down your way at the weekend for my brothers wedding in Ide Hill (OK, Kent I know, but on the border as near as damnit)

G

Thanks for the compliments guys, this post has gone better than I hoped.......so far!

unkleGsif - The picture was taken on the South Downs, near Ditchling Beacon (well known dogging spot......so I've been told). But my old stamping ground back in the early 90's was Box Hill as well. I still have fond memories of tearing down Flint Hill (backside of Box Hill) on my Marin Palisades Trail, no front suspension then, used to shake my fillings loose I can tell you :LOL:

As for cleaning the tyres, you've heard of pub bikes, well this is my riding on hardpack on an idyllic summers day, but only if there's enough moisture on the ground to keep the dust down bike. So not a garage queen, but close!

Johnboy":2h7r7p61 said:
But my old stamping ground back in the early 90's was Box Hill as well. I still have fond memories of tearing down Flint Hill (backside of Box Hill) on my Marin Palisades Trail, no front suspension then, used to shake my fillings loose I can tell you :LOL:

Small world, we probably passed each other on identical bikes :LOL:
My (hot-sexy-girl-that-got-away :cry: ) mate from college lived in the big house at the top of Box Hill... the one that John Logie Baird lived in, and our buddy lived at the bottom between Dorking and Westhumble

G

That looks ace! Love those white wall tyres what are they? If it was mine I would have straight bars non-oversized but thats just me :)

CHASE76":1mbns8jw said:
That looks ace! Love those white wall tyres what are they? If it was mine I would have straight bars non-oversized but thats just me :)

Tyres are Geax Saguaro, but I think I got the last ones in the UK. As for the bars, I'm an old man and need to be in an upright position these days because of my back. I could have fitted a load of spacers to get the bars higher and used straight bars but personally I think that looks a bit naff. Just my opinion of course, don't want to start a war (you have to be so careful on this site :LOL:)

unkleGsif":1mbns8jw said:
My (hot-sexy-girl-that-got-away :cry: ) mate from college lived in the big house at the top of Box Hill... the one that John Logie Baird lived in
- hot-sexy and loaded by the sound of it!

Johnboy":1cl4m56t said:
CHASE76":1cl4m56t said:

Tyres are Geax Saguaro, but I think I got the last ones in the UK. As for the bars, I'm an old man and need to be in an upright position these days because of my back. I could have fitted a load of spacers to get the bars higher and used straight bars but personally I think that looks a bit naff. Just my opinion of course, don't want to start a war (you have to be so careful on this site :LOL:)

unkleGsif":1cl4m56t said:
My (hot-sexy-girl-that-got-away :cry: ) mate from college lived in the big house at the top of Box Hill... the one that John Logie Baird lived in
- hot-sexy and loaded by the sound of it!

Easly to upset folk on here!

Back