Rear derailleur Sachs Huret

scarrabri

Devout Dirtbag
Hi are the Rear derailleur Sachs Huret units still made only thats what is on my Raleigh Banana road bike and tomorrow my bike shop is replacing the gears ,the chain ,and the Derailleur,and i cant help wondering what with, unless Rear derailleur Sachs Huret are still made,Brian

It's standard fitment off a Raleigh Banana.

They're likely to fit a generic shimano rear mech, although it maybe another. I hope it's not too big and bulky....pics when it's done please ;)

Good luck, I hope you have a vintage sympathetic bike shop, unfortunately I've seen some horrific replacements used by some. It should be easy to track down a NOS Sachs Huret if you don't like what they've used.

I have a short cage sach huret classic rear mech bought in error could do with new jockey wheels if thats any use.

Tel":24f8d2yr said:
It's standard fitment off a Raleigh Banana.

They're likely to fit a generic shimano rear mech, although it maybe another. I hope it's not too big and bulky....pics when it's done please ;)

Hi thanks again Tel ,i will put some pics up when i get the bike back friday ,im sorry if i cant anser some of your questions everyone but i am new and have a lot to learn. al i can say is its going to be new chain Der and 14 gears, and if it looks a mess it wont be on long.best wishes Brian.

Sachs Huret

Hi Brian
I have an original 80s sachs huret rear mech,which were fitted to the Raleigh Banana then
Let me know if interested,i can post some pictures.
All the best
Cipo (Malc)

013-2.jpg

Not very clear but here we go.

Back