magura raceline paint colour

brencoll

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
I have recently bought a set of neon yellow racelines there are a few scratches which I want to touch up does anyone know the nearest paint shade that I can buy over the counter. Thanks

Hi, unfortunately not as easy as it first seems.Plastikote do an excellent "flouro- yellow" which is a very close match,but all flouro paints require a white base coat to work as they are very translucent, so looking at 3 or 4 coats .The biggest problem you are going to have is that this coulor fades very badly and your new paint will stand out like a "sore thumb".
I also have the same brakes and tried to touch up without success ,the only way really is a full repaint,which I have not bothered to do :oops: . If you do go down this root you will need to use an acid etch primer ,plastikote aluminuim primer is also excellent...
brilliant brakes ,,saved me a few times without doubt the best rim brakes ever, so much "feel".
Mark

Thanks for the advice they are not bad really its just that I'm really anal re my bikes , they are going on my mint proflex 855, I already have a set on my zaskar.I don't think I'll bother given the hassle involved.

Back