Raleigh Banana Bike

what more pain.

vivelesalpes":ocu6i9pb said:
Tel":ocu6i9pb said:
Oh and the more you ride the smaller the hills become ;)

To missquote Greg Lemond - you just go up them quicker. The pains still the same.

Well thats some think to look forward too then,lol a bit more pain.

Cargo Trailer

Hi just wondering would my Raleigh Banana bike pull my cargo trailer when full and including the trailer it would be about 40klg , heres a few pics

034-1.jpg

032-2.jpg

019-3.jpg

016-4.jpg

041.jpg

035-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

maybe not and im quite sure my legs would not take the strain. Brian.

I had a Raleigh Banana bike for 12 years until some tosser nicked it.
I really enjoyed that bike and used it both for fun and commuting.
From what I can see tours is in better condition than mine was - enjoy it, it's a great bike :D

michael franks":14b24b80 said:
I had a Raleigh Banana bike for 12 years until some tosser nicked it.
I really enjoyed that bike and used it both for fun and commuting.
From what I can see tours is in better condition than mine was - enjoy it, it's a great bike :D
Hi i thought you were going to say that my bike might be your stolen bike ,i bought mine from Stafford the guy is always on ebay and he gets hold of bikes that are heading for the skip ,he has about 500 hundread of them and they look ok ,i think he does a little work on them but im not sure how much ,i have to say its a beautiful bike but i am sure i paid over the odds for it £150 but i am really pleased
I am so pleased you speak highly of your bike ,but sorry some one has stolen it ,nothing is safe these days ,very best wishes and thanks again,Brian.

scarrabri wrote:

Hi i thought you were going to say that my bike might be your stolen bike

:LOL: :LOL: No way is that my bike unless someone's done a lot of work on it! No, mine was nicked about ten years ago. Strangely enough I saw one this morning and still see them about occasionally. I wouldn't worry about what you paid for it - you've got a really nice bike so just ride it and enjoy it.

Tel":2c8svwyl said:
Yes smallest front largest rear is the easiest gear. If it is not easy enough you need to make the largest on the rear larger or the smallest on the front smaller.

As you can't change the rings on the front without changing the whole chainset your cheapest option is to change the sprockets on the back (the freewheel). I'm guessing that you currently have a 14-24 (lowest gear of 46.2") you should be able to get a 14-28 (lowest gear of 39.6") on there without any problems which would help. A new freewheel should cost about £10 or so and no more than £5 to have it fitted at the lbs.

You can change the chainset which would be a nice upgrade and allow you to run a small chainring of 39 as opposed to your current 42 (lowest gear of 42.9"). Cost of that would be between £30 - £50'ish for a budget one.

Hope that helps!
Hi you were spot on with your price ,for £50 i get a full set of gears which will make it a joy to ride ,a derailer,and a new chain ,so i think i will drop it in soon if i have enought money ,thanks again Brian

michael franks":1gbggvyi said:
scarrabri wrote:

Hi i thought you were going to say that my bike might be your stolen bike

:LOL: :LOL: No way is that my bike unless someone's done a lot of work on it! No, mine was nicked about ten years ago. Strangely enough I saw one this morning and still see them about occasionally. I wouldn't worry about what you paid for it - you've got a really nice bike so just ride it and enjoy it.

Lol i am pleased my bike isnt yours lol as i am about to have better gears ,a derailer and a new chain fitted as the guy in the bike shop and Tel said it will be a joy to ride then, so i hope thats right , Brian.

scarrabri wrote:

the guy in the bike shop and Tel said it will be a joy to ride then, so i hope thats right , Brian.

I agree with both of them and each 'upgrade' will make a marked improvement on what is already a good bikE. Are you going to upgrade the brakes?

Back