The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logic.Al":2smbyip1 said:
Lol all I know is its a blue and silver one. He said it's cromo though not ti.

Not Ti, hmm, not much I'd guess - really depends on the condition of the frame, what model/year

Remember, pictures mean a thousand words :D :cool:

G Zaskar Race 2001 / 2002

Hi folks,

I have a 2001 / 2002 GT Zaskar Race (red/black). The bike is very good condition and is totally original with the exception of a set of bar ends. The bike has not had much use at all.

After my first outing at Glentress recently (on a hired bike :D ) I thought about either fitting a set of disc brakes and new wheels to the Zaskar to update it or getting a full suspension bike. A friend at work suggested that I ask on here as I may get some decent cash for my Zaskar.

Anyone give me an idea of what I could get for it? I dont have any pics of my actual bike but if you google Zaskar Race then there's plenty images of the same bike online.

Cheers
Baz

Re: G Zaskar Race 2001 / 2002

evobaz":71mre9jc said:
Hi folks,

I have a 2001 / 2002 GT Zaskar Race (red/black). The bike is very good condition and is totally original with the exception of a set of bar ends. The bike has not had much use at all.

After my first outing at Glentress recently (on a hired bike :D ) I thought about either fitting a set of disc brakes and new wheels to the Zaskar to update it or getting a full suspension bike. A friend at work suggested that I ask on here as I may get some decent cash for my Zaskar.

Anyone give me an idea of what I could get for it? I dont have any pics of my actual bike but if you google Zaskar Race then there's plenty images of the same bike online.

Cheers
Baz

They dont come up that often. Last one on here went really cheap (about £70 frame). Wont get a great deal as a complete bike, as parts are modern but dated, so if still original, guessing around £300. Pics would help to see how mint it is though.

Hope that helps a bit.

jujupunk":8hw6morl said:
Logic.Al":8hw6morl said:

Not Ti, hmm, not much I'd guess - really depends on the condition of the frame, what model/year

£60-80 ish complete. Whats the spec though? And need to see how it compares condition wise.

coomber":2iwvmiwf said:
They dont come up that often. Last one on here went really cheap (about £70 frame). Wont get a great deal as a complete bike, as parts are modern but dated, so if still original, guessing around £300. Pics would help to see how mint it is though.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers, will try and get a couple of pics of it tomorrow and upload them.

evobaz":1qje5a3f said:
coomber":1qje5a3f said:

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers, will try and get a couple of pics of it tomorrow and upload them.

Might have been a little over-optimistic. One sold last year for £180 here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=zaskar

Frame sold for £85:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=zaskar

coomber":2lh8rfyg said:
jujupunk":2lh8rfyg said:
Logic.Al":2lh8rfyg said:

£60-80 ish complete. Whats the spec though? And need to see how it compares condition wise.

It was an M-Trax 1000 fairly original newer wheels and forks. But it was a little small for me.

Were there any Dynatech steel frames?

I thought it was a M Trax? Either way, need to know spec. Was the 1000 not all altus and alivio? Not sure I am doing it a dis-service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back