Roadie outing - 28th October - APPROX 60 MILES!

Not 80.

Not 40.

Approx 60 miles :D

Pish easy, apart from the brutally tough climb within the first 10 miles or so :p

Killin - Glen Lochay to Kenknock Farm - over the col to Glen Lyon - through Invervar to Fortingall - Kenmore - south Loch Tay road to Killin

How's abouts 28th October. A Sunday.

:xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin:

clockworkgazz":1jlbww1x said:
would a mt bike with slicks be ok for this and a 10 yr old be to slow for this run?

Bike - yes fine

10YO - tricky Gazz - 60miler and into short days and potentially iffy weather. Not so much slow as stamina I think. You know what he's like though - think of Arran loop but perhaps slightly more hilly................plenty of which are down :D

Not easy to bail from once part way round either :?

we just did the edinburgh glasgow 47 miles last weekend, so I thought he would be ok distance wise but we might just do the arran loop over a sedate long day ride rather than put p on him and slow you guys down into the bargain.

Tazio":1cj5gy6h said:
I think I'm going to go triple up front, whether I do this or not. I miss my extra gears :oops:

Tried compact? I was gonna go triple some years ago but have 50/34 front and 12/28 rear - gets me up most things, including Bealach na Ba, Applecross with a few rest stops :LOL:

first tried a 48/34 front but kept spinning out on the flat. Yes even me :LOL:

Mr Panda":21et0fxg said:
Tazio":21et0fxg said:
I think I'm going to go triple up front, whether I do this or not. I miss my extra gears :oops:

Tried compact? I was gonna go triple some years ago but have 50/34 front and 12/28 rear - gets me up most things, including Bealach na Ba, Applecross with a few rest stops :LOL:

first tried a 48/34 front but kept spinning out on the flat. Yes even me :LOL:

I thought about compact but as I've already got a triple shifter I thought it would be a logical way to got. And Chain Reaction have good triple chainsets at silly money just now.

RobMac":3ml8mqzh said:
Your putting a triple on the Allez??????

Thinking about it. And they did come with a triple originally. Compact makes more sense to me in terms of roadies having the right number up front though, but this was bought to ride for fitness not fun.

Mr P Wrote:-

Killin - Glen Lochay to Kenknock Farm - over the col to Glen Lyon - through Invervar to Fortingall - Kenmore - south Loch Tay road to Killin

How's abouts 28th October. A Sunday.

That looks a good date for me and I will have a triple on my bike whatever gas pipe special I bring.

Could do with a lift though as my motors are , well........crap :LOL: [/b]

Back