don't 29'ers look weird

deffo weird

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
They look wierd but work well.....don't knock them all before you try one in proper conditions.

Mindmap3":342ukuhw said:
, the stuff I've read is that they can feel a bit dull and lifeless compared to a 26 incher.

I'd have to disagree with this. Fluid and fast is more my reckoning. But I'd always judge by the bike now rather than the wheel size.

FWIW of all the people I know with one or has had one only person sold it on. The rest are converted. I'm putting together my second one just now.

If anyone is inclined this months MBR has a review of 4 29ers. As well as the review they have a little spiel talking about the merits and attributes and dispelling alot of the rumours (mostly the ones they helped spread....) about 29ers.

Small frame versions do sometimes look a bit like childs bikes, but I am now coming round to thinking that larger frames 19" and above actually look in better proportion than 26"wheeled bikes.
Though I still struggle with some of these hydroformed monstrositys, regardless of wheel size.

Wouldn't be without my 29er now personally. ;)

Just swapped my Orange 5 (150mm front 140mm rear travel) for a 100mm travel 29er steel hardtail. Rode a trail we know well and use as a testing run , obviously it climbs better than the 5, they are a little slower on acceleration but once up to speed they keep going. On the long fast decent back to the start it felt as fast as the five. Totally converted. :D

giant-one":27ysjook said:
Just swapped my Orange 5 (150mm front 140mm rear travel) for a 100mm travel 29er steel hardtail. Rode a trail we know well and use as a testing run , obviously it climbs better than the 5, they are a little slower on acceleration but once up to speed they keep going. On the long fast decent back to the start it felt as fast as the five. Totally converted. :D

You were still behind me on my 5 up the climb ;) :LOL:

Had a go on giant-ones Inbred and must admit I'd like to demo an Orange Gyro now. This coming from someone who thought 29ers were a right load of old sh*t.

tintin40":3pneppjx said:
Yes. Very. Nasty. 26er rules

I've never known a more narrow minded person in my life.

Of course you're absolutely right T.

al. :D

brocklanders023":27oy0m5l said:
giant-one":27oy0m5l said:

You were still behind me on my 5 up the climb ;) :LOL:

Had a go on giant-ones Inbred and must admit I'd like to demo an Orange Gyro now. This coming from someone who thought 29ers were a right load of old sh*t.

Er I wasn't on the first 2 but I was on the longer one and right on thows wheel on the ride back. :p :p :LOL:

I'd have one if I was a bit taller....

The ones I've tried just feel wrong on me.

650B though - now you're talking.

Back