RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

Thanks to the organisers and the guides who did an amazing job, it was great that they also imparted their knowledge of the climbs and some of the tricky descents before hand which made the ride flow a lot easier for us noobs.

I would go as far as to say this is the best days riding i have had on the mountain bike not only were we blessed with great weather, there was such amazing scenery (i feel rather ashamed that the peaks are about 1 hour drive from my house yet this is the first time i have ridden them on a MTB). The ascents were challenging and certainly warmed you up and the descents were varied from technical to fast.

Also what a great set of guys, this was my first retro ride (although i recognised a few faces from Mayhem) it could have easily been my tenth as everyone is very friendly and talkative and it is as though we have all known each other for ages. I am definitely looking forward to many more retro rides although i will probably miss mynd as our second child is due about 2 days later :cool:

Rob Atkin":4bsqfeqk said:
Really great ride - as expected! Thanks to the organisers and the guides who did a terrific job. The weather was awesome, wasn't it? The ground had dried out a lot after the mid week rain which was really nice.
Gutted I missed the 2nd half of the last climb as I felt I had energy but my knee was very very painful whenever I tried to put pressure on the pedals. I didn't want to hold everyone up as I would have had to walk all the way up.
I was comparing myself against the ride last year and was chuffed to be able to ride all the way up to the radio mast, no walking! I did stop for a breather 3/4 times but was determined to make it. And I wasn't the last one up!
My right hand was hurting the whole ride and I only figured it out the next day when I realised I'd trapped my nerve in my neck again which was making my arm go numb. Ow!
I do have some pics which I will post up as soon as I can, not many but the weather made them look great!
Thanks again.

Sounds like you will be getting your own episode of embarrasing bodies with that lot :LOL:

matthew71":2ojlfb25 said:
Rob Atkin":2ojlfb25 said:
Really great ride - as expected! Thanks to the organisers and the guides who did a terrific job. The weather was awesome, wasn't it? The ground had dried out a lot after the mid week rain which was really nice.
Gutted I missed the 2nd half of the last climb as I felt I had energy but my knee was very very painful whenever I tried to put pressure on the pedals. I didn't want to hold everyone up as I would have had to walk all the way up.
I was comparing myself against the ride last year and was chuffed to be able to ride all the way up to the radio mast, no walking! I did stop for a breather 3/4 times but was determined to make it. And I wasn't the last one up!
My right hand was hurting the whole ride and I only figured it out the next day when I realised I'd trapped my nerve in my neck again which was making my arm go numb. Ow!
I do have some pics which I will post up as soon as I can, not many but the weather made them look great!
Thanks again.

Sounds like you will be getting your own episode of embarrasing bodies with that lot :LOL:

My body is embarrasing enough as it is!

looks like this ride has killed my rc100.
went to wash it today, got home and was giving it a rub down
and found a crack in the drive side chain stay.
so i have had my final ride on the rc100.
it was nice while it lasted, but all good things have to end sometime. :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_5119.JPG
    IMG_5119.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,372
:shock:

Oh no!

Bear in mind though - it's an RC100 - it's worth repairing!! If you aren't able to sort it out someone else can. It'll knock value off it for sure but it's such a sweet build it certainly ain't worthless!

bad news jeff :eek:

at least it was ridden as it should be. lots of people find worse problems without even completing the build.

over to the dyna-tech now pal. ;)

and YES i am bitten on the legs big-style. itchy horrid little red blotches. the type where you want to wire brush the area. :eek:

That's a bummer. At least you made the end of the ride, that looks like a fairly substantial crack that could have gone with one more big impact.

Back