Roadie outing - 28th October - APPROX 60 MILES!

This is in danger of getting buried again. I'm surprised at the lack of interest.

I don't know about everyone else but I don't think I could manage an 80 mile route. Could we cap it at around 50miles ?

Anyway (hope I'm not out of place here since it was MrPanda who resurrected the thread) I thought I'd take the bull by the horns and suggest some dates :

I can't make Saturdays 20/10 or 27/10 so the dates I propose are ......

Sun 21/10
Sun 28/10
Sat 03/11
Sun 04/11
Sat 10/11
sun 11/11

After that I don't have any weekends off until mid December.

Still up for this, although i need to reserve the right to pull out at the last minute. My plans don't get any sort of priority since the new arrival joined the family. :lol

Date wise

Sun 21/10 doggy
Sun 28/10 yip
Sat 03/11 yip
Sun 04/11 yip
Sat 10/11 canny
sun 11/11 yip

Im in

Can pretty much fit with most of the first four or five dates.
Keep me updated, happy to fit in with the majority.
Just sold my Concorde Squadra so it will be the Merckx.

Jamie

I've started training for this on my gaspipe special Dawes Spirit and I'm flexi on any date but as with HawMaw think 80 miles is beyond me :?

velomaniac":1wmwfmuv said:
I've started training for this on my gaspipe special Dawes Spirit and I'm flexi on any date but as with HawMaw think 80 miles is beyond me :?

80 miles is a bit harsh at that time of year to be sure. I'd love to do this one but will decide nearer the time based on distance and how I feel confidence wise in my ability to do it.

Tazio":2kdyqe55 said:
velomaniac":2kdyqe55 said:

80 miles is a bit harsh at that time of year to be sure. I'd love to do this one but will decide nearer the time based on distance and how I feel confidence wise in my ability to do it.

I wouldn't worry about that Taz. I'm probably the least fit person around.
I regularly do 30 mile runs with the occassional 40+ without feeling to bad so I reckon 50-60 is ok as long as the pace isn't hot and the hills aren't big !

I've just recently decided to get on the road again to get fit after almost killing myself at Innerleithen so I reckon I can trump anyone on unfitness. I aim to start training runs building up my distances until something like 30 doesn't seem like a challenge. I need to do a bit of research into routes though as living in the middle of a city means it can take a while until I reach anything even half pleasant to ride. I'll see how I get on with that and as I said decide nearer the time.

The Ken":210s0vdo said:
Feck me I just saw 80 miles mentioned - 40/50 is fine by me.

Way back at the start there was an 80 mile option mentioned. I'm glad nobody's up for that

Back