Isle of Wight ride! Sunday 16th of september!

No wrist issues here....bloody townies :LOL:
At least two of us rode vintage (not retro though!)

Cracking day out, as always.
Conversation level was kind of set by Jon when he asked the young girl behind the Wightlink desk if they had any plans to fit lube despensers to the parking machines....to make the raping he'd just received a bit more comfortable :D
Riding the 'naughty' trails made a nice change, and having the wind at our backs all the way to the pub made the hills much easier (although trying to keep up with Tony proved far more difficult!).
Riding this route also meant a quick tour around the old Cold War rocket research facility. Space Age!!
20 miles in we stopped for lunch. We all got told off by the speed sign for doing 40 into the village!
The converstaion during Tony's creme brulee left a lot to be desired, but he finished off ok ;)
The climb back up after lunch was as horrendous as ever, and then we hit the head wind.
We detoured in-land a bit to escape it and were rewarded with a cracking, fast singletrack decent (every day is a school day Craig!).
The last downhill on the golf course was a struggle against the wind. I've never had to pedal so hard downhill!
Then it was back to the ferry to head home (and bump into the lovely blonde that was on our outbound ferry!).

Some pics...

IOW007.jpg

IOW012.jpg

IOW010.jpg

IOW016.jpg

IOW017.jpg

IOW018.jpg

IOW022.jpg

IOW024.jpg

IOW027.jpg

IOW029.jpg

IOW030.jpg

IOW031.jpg

IOW032.jpg

IOW037.jpg

IOW038.jpg

IOW040.jpg

IOW041.jpg

IOW042.jpg

Bring on the next one!!

Thanks for taking some pictures and posting them up dude... a nice little visual reminder of the day. Also a very accurate write up :D

That last picture of Jon and me on the ferry I think sums up how done in we all were at the end.

Looks like another top ride guys :cool: no granny ring shots this time then :LOL:

@ Makster just seen your note about the 30th , I'm Gunna head to FOD for the day :( welcome to come along if you want, anyone from the SW Gunna do the next National in Shropshire ????

Back