change for its own sake. (a car thing)

I've started getting a feeling that I want an estate car recently.

But I want the estate version of the car I have, not higher spec, not lower spec. Just my car with a greenhouse on the back. I'm sick of fighting with bike racks and like the idea of having a car I can just chuck things in the back of.

I think this may make me old.

Get a Nissan Stagea ;)

It's a Skyline, with a boot - admittedly this is a modded one, but you get the idea.

1.png

Tazio":2zbzwr5a said:

But I want the estate version of the car I have, not higher spec, not lower spec. Just my car with a greenhouse on the back. I'm sick of fighting with bike racks and like the idea of having a car I can just chuck things in the back of.

a 330 touring has occurred to me as an option.

gerryattrick":38915y60 said:
I guess I'm lucky that I've never had this "car thing" (except in my late teens/early 20s when, ironically, I couldn't afford decent cars). I can spend hours tinkering with bikes, but haven't looked under a car bonnet in years except to change oil/water.

Ever since I started to earn enough for decent cars I've had no interest in them except to get me from a-b comfortably, reliably and cheaply with room for a bike or two, and I hate the Top Gear attitude to motoring.

I probably do the worst thing financially, which is to change to a new car every 3/4 years, when the warranty runs out. I'm now even considering a Kia because of the 7 year warranty.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

You mean the worst thing environmentaly speaking?

al.

Tazio":1tdv24z3 said:

I got my first estate car last year, am I old? well, yes I am... but that's not the point, or is it??

I don't know anymore.

al.

al":2gihw8vu said:
gerryattrick":2gihw8vu said:
I guess I'm lucky that I've never had this "car thing" (except in my late teens/early 20s when, ironically, I couldn't afford decent cars). I can spend hours tinkering with bikes, but haven't looked under a car bonnet in years except to change oil/water.

Ever since I started to earn enough for decent cars I've had no interest in them except to get me from a-b comfortably, reliably and cheaply with room for a bike or two, and I hate the Top Gear attitude to motoring.

I probably do the worst thing financially, which is to change to a new car every 3/4 years, when the warranty runs out. I'm now even considering a Kia because of the 7 year warranty.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

You mean the worst thing environmentaly speaking?

al.

That too. I try to do my bit for the environment by cycling more, insulating the house etc., then blow it all and more by changing my car or flying to the US on road-trip holidays.

Back