Hi from the midwest

bykrydr65

Retro Newbie
I have posted a few pictures of my 1982 Novara Mtb, but I am into nice road bikes (lugged steel). Today, my choice was my 1984 Team Fuji with Suntour Superbe group. Awesome weather, cloudy low 70's, which has been a nice break from the brutal summer we have had here. High 90's-100 for about 2 months straight. Anyway nice 30 miler on a nice vintage road bike, then a nice premium stout after the ride. Does it get any better?
IMG_01811.jpg

This is the one that had to stay home today
IMG_01861.jpg

Nice bikes - I love that Rivendell, but is there any of the stem left inside the steerer...?!

Some more pictures of that would be appreciated. What sort of brakes are they?

Thanks for all the compliments. When I ordered the Rivendell I spec it to resemble the classic 70's style touring bike. Lots of clearance, relaxed geometry, and center pull brakes. The stem on it is a lugged Nitto and yes it has a long quill length. In fact it is not even close to the minimum insertion line. The brakes are Pauls Components "Racers" The frame was designed specifically for these brakes. They are awesome brakes.

Two great looking bikes- love the colour on the Riv.
To complete the picture I need to know the particular stout you talking about?;-)
I had a good ride on sunday on the Pesenti (strong headwind for the 20 or so miles home- didnt notice it on the way!) I was ready for my pint of Harvest Pale (Castle Rock Brewery)

Back