campagnolo shamal Q's

eewrw

A word of warning with buying Shamals...

Always ask the seller to double-check for hairline cracks in the rim around the spoke apertures.

Well a fixie hub cannot be used with convential gears the fixie hub is completely different. Fixie hub have the worng spacing, they have no free hub and are hubs that give a symetrial dish. No free hub kills the idea.

You would need to replace the hub and the spokes. All you will be buying is an expensive rim. Below are cheaper rims

I am not familiar with expresso wheels. As for deep v rim, there are many options for custom builds.

Kinlin XR300 -30mm deep v
Kinlin XR380 -38mm deep V
H plus sons EERO- 43mm deep V
H plus sons Formation Face -42mm deep V blue red or white
H plus sons SL42 -42mm deep V- black
Velocity Deep V - 30mm deep V and more colours than you imagine.
Velocity B43 -43mm deep V

High flange ~70mm hubs for 10 speed is the hard part. Can anyone think of any because I can't.

Most of the road hubs I have come across have sub 50mm flanges. The only hub that is large flange are things like the powertap hub but they only have 57mm flange not very high at all.

High flange hubs have gone out of fashion simply due to low flange hubs having good tortional stiffness. So they are no longer needed exept on fixies for looks.

retroracer":sbsgl0sh said:
bm0p700f":sbsgl0sh said:
I am after a set of wheels that are clinchers, have a deep profile that have a front ‘high flange hub’. They must also be suitable for climbing extreme hills. I know I am asking a lot! Thank you,

James.

No high flange hub ....

But Campag Neutrons or Fulcrum 3s would be perfect for your requirements.

dbmtb":1oh5g3aa said:
retroracer":1oh5g3aa said:
bm0p700f":1oh5g3aa said:
I am after a set of wheels that are clinchers, have a deep profile that have a front ‘high flange hub’. They must also be suitable for climbing extreme hills. I know I am asking a lot! Thank you,

James.

No high flange hub ....

But Campag Neutrons or Fulcrum 3s would be perfect for your requirements.

Hi dbmtb,
Thank you for the suggestions! its hard to make modern wheels look retro and in-keeping!
Thank you,

James. :)

my newest (unassembled as yet) baby has a chesini EL OS steel frame, campag Record 9 parts and clincher Ventos oops don't tell my wife ha ha

Attachments

• record 9.jpg
    record 9.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 936
  • vento.jpg
    vento.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 935
  • chesini.jpg
    chesini.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 933
latman":2g7k9mn3 said:
my newest (unassembled as yet) baby has a chesini EL OS steel frame, campag Record 9 parts and clincher Ventos oops don't tell my wife ha ha

Hi latman, lovely collection you have! Do you rate Ventos? Thank you,

That chesini is absolutely amazing. Going to be a great build, presuming your wife doesn't find out before it's built that is...

My Pennine with miss-matched Vento

1987_pennine_149.jpg

legrandefromage":49s37fqp said:
My Pennine with miss-matched Vento

1987_pennine_149.jpg

mmm thats sooo nice! ....would you say ventos are the best bet to ride on due to the spoke count?.... But finding a pair seems to be a nightmare, shamal's seem pretty easy to find!

Thank you,

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back