how long to wait before i start ebay dispute etc

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
won some sweet looking hope hubs on fir 123 rims this week, turned up while riding peaks on saturday.

unfortunately the "mint"condition wheels.....have cracks along the drive side flange and a section is not even there!!!! so not usable and foobard!

i contacted...read messaged the seller through ebay sat pm but aint heard a thing yet.

how long should i wait to start the dispute process and get me funds back?

i want to do it now but feel i should at least give the seller till morning or lunch time. i am really pissed off, wanted these alot and paid more than i should have tbh, now im outta pocket and have knackered hopes :(

i'd say dispute straight away if they are obviously fucked. if it was an honest looking mistake i'd say chill and give him a day or two, but as youdescribe it... go git im :x

sounds like you've been kippered.

if the damage was not shown in pictures, as in hidden from view and not mentioned in the listing i'd give max a day to wait for a response as no one is offline these days for long, after that or depending on the response i'd bang in a dispute.

If you start the dispute process I think that there are some guidelines..

However, I normally allow 48hours for someone to reply.

I'd give them at least till Monday evening as they maybe away the weekend. If no reply by monday eve I would start it Tuesday

I would make one contact with the seller, asking to have a full refund, and if they agree then wait a reasonable time for them to honour it before opening a dispute.

I think you are right to leave it a couple of days as they may be off riding or whatever at the weekend.

The damage sounds very obvious, so it sounds like they were being at the very least stupid to try to pass them off with the description given.

Hope it works out for you man.

I've had recently a dispute with an individual through ebay and using the buyer protection they found in my favour.

However, they also said that the return postage was down to the buyer and not the seller. Which wouldn't have been a problem in the u.k. but in the u.s. bike postage averages out at $140

So if you do start a dispute try and find out if you or the seller has to pay for the return postage and definately as mentioned get a signed for service

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back