Brighton - Eastbourne SDW End of september.

Still up for this

I'm still good. I was doing 40 miles a day (on the flat) throughout most of August, so I'll aim to do a few runs between now and then and not totaly loose my mojo.
I've not ridden the SDW, but would it be correct to assume that it is a ride best suited to fat tyres?

Re: Still up for this

PurleySquire":300xxkdt said:
I'm still good. I was doing 40 miles a day (on the flat) throughout most of August, so I'll aim to do a few runs between now and then and not totaly loose my mojo.
I've not ridden the SDW, but would it be correct to assume that it is a ride best suited to fat tyres?

Fat tires are a must, although you should be fine down to 1.9s. While it is not Lake District bumpy, it does have it's moments.

Car or Train

I think I'll bring the car, it should be marginally quicker and a bit more flexible. I've heard some horror stories about Southern Railway and bikes too.

Edit: I hope the weather is a bit more clement next weekend! It must be blowing a gale down on the coast.

Righto here is the plan-

Meet at devils Dyke at 9:45 for a 10:00 rideout.

Godders, we'll meet you at Clayton round 10:30.

Weather looking good, however it will be a tad slippy :? I reckon it will take between 4-5 hours to get to eastbourne, so bring water etc. although we'll have a stop in Alfriston for a spot of lunch.

Any problems, give me a call :cool:

Back