Shock advice

B77

Senior Retro Guru
Looking to get another shock for the Stinky Six, one that bobs around less than the Fox Vanilla coil that's on there. Seen a Fox RP2 DRCV for a good price, thing is it's seems they were made for Trek bikes, probably a stupid question but will they fit other bikes ?

Ta

I seem to recall the drcv being just for the treks. One was for sale on here recently and it was mentioned it wont fit another, hence being for sale.

What about getting a decent shock tune? I sent the shock from my 2001 Stinky to Mojo for a service, tune and pro-pedal added. It made it much better.

The best tune I ever had was when I sent my Van RC to TFT for Push tuning. It made my Big Hit a totally different bike that worked better than the Demo 9 that replaced it. When I spoke to Tim he reckoned that a Van R with a Push tune is about the best thing out there on a budget.

Yeah I thought of tuning but there is no lock out on the shock, which I'd like and the spring is kind of buggered, the cost of tuning plus postage back and forth from the land of fromage and another spring makes it kind of uneconomical.
Pity about the Trek only thing it's a good price, oh well.

Did find this though, seems like either a bargain or dodgy, but their feedback is ok
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DT-Swiss-XM180- ... v4exp=true

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back