iPhone 5

Buying iPhones is cool. At least you know you only have 9 months to wait until the bring out "the best iPhone ever" like they are going to say well here's the new iPhone but the last one was better! I especially like they way they abandon the support for anything over 3 years old lol I have a first gen iPad "the best tablet ever" but if I take it into the apple store hey look at me like I have just dragged in a dead dogs carcass and started eating it.
Type bump lol

Chute55uk":18nil1oc said:
Buying iPhones is cool. At least you know you only have 9 months to wait until the bring out "the best iPhone ever" like they are going to say well here's the new iPhone but the last one was better! I especially like they way they abandon the support for anything over 3 years old lol I have a first gen iPad "the best tablet ever" but if I take it into the apple store hey look at me like I have just dragged in a dead dogs carcass and started eating it.
Type bump lol

Nothing like bicycle manufacturers then :roll:

Chute55uk":oh50mulw said:
Type bump lol

:LOL:

Take an iPhone 2G into an Apple store now and half of the staff probably wouldn't even know what it was :roll:

I'm the first to admit that I'm a phone tart. I'm on a sim-only contract, so I can chop and change phones as/when it suits me. I bought the iPhone 4S, and I've now bought the 5 because it's the phone which suits me the best at the moment, given the fact that it syncs so easily with my iPad and given the fact that I take a lot of photos using my phone so I love being able to have all of my photos automatically synced to the iPad without the need for running an app or manually transferring.

I'm under no illusions that the iPhone 5, or indeed any iPhone before it, have been 'better' than the competition (unlike the fanboys) and it really winds me up when I see someone (usually middle-aged) showing off their new iPhone in the pub and touting it as the "best one" simply because the guy in the phone shop said it was.

Before I bought the 4S, I had a HTC One X which was by far and away the best phone I've ever used, and still is. However, as I mentioned before, since we've bought an iPad and it's currently our only computer, it makes much more sense for me to stick with Apple for the phone too.

I'm waiting to see a few reviews of WP8 handsets and tablets, particularly the Samsung Ativ S which looks absolutely gorgeous - if the reviews are good then I might make the switch. The UI on WP8 looks fantastic :cool:

yea i get that the iphones are nice, what i dont get is the need to have one because you have an ipad. (that sounds judgemental but its not, honestly) i had a macbook pro, an ipad and a iphone 4 at one point but i got so fed up with the constraints apple put on the ability to install things i binned the mac for a vaio, the iphone for android (im not saying which one because i should have got the s3 :oops: ) and kept the ipad (which im trying to now sell to buy a galaxy note 10.1) :D . if i want to transfer data such as pictures or documents from one to the other, theres many apps that allow cross platform usage or indeed just storing stuff 'in the clouds'.
come back to android mr ballbags, we miss you :D

I guess what I prefer about the iPhone/iPad at the moment is that nothing needs to be set up (apart from logging in with my Apple ID), no apps need to be purchased and nothing needs to be done in order to allow my content to sync between the 2 devices. I like that.

I realise that the OS is very restricted (and that's an understatement) compared to the big green robot, but there are very few things I actually miss not being able to do.

I'm a fickle so-and-so. As soon as it becomes time to change the iPad, I'll look at all my options (Android/WP:cool: again and take it from there. If I did go back to Android, it would have to be to one of the Nexus devices because at least then you're guaranteed to have the latest firmware updates as/when they're released (unlike HTC/Samsung - skinned Android phones where you have to wait for a compatible version of the firmware to come out, which sometimes takes months and by the time you have it, there's a newer version out!).

At least if/when the time comes to change, I could probably sell the iPhone/iPad and buy myself 2 new Android devices, and still have some change left over ;)

I've just ordered my iPhone 5 ( the wife gets my old 4 )

It's interesting the arguments and the pro,s and cons people shout. I buying mine as I love the way it operates, I tried the s3 and it wasn't for me, I did think I was going to Snap it when I bent over it was so big.

Htc phones released since 2007 - 146
Samsung since 2007 - 250+
Apple since 2007 - 6

Considering apple are a major part in the US economy and they was succefull sueing Samsung for copying they can't be too bad?

But as always each to there own.

Doug

Dont samsung want to sue apple now for use of 4g?

Do you not think the size is getting silly (not just iphone) with the try and do it all attitude?

iPhone-10.jpeg

7986482104_89052a06b8_z.jpg

I think the silliest thing I've heard recently is people trying to coin the phrase 'phablet' when referring to the Galaxy Note/Note 2...

I mean, come on.. Phablet?! - If someone came up to me and told me they had a Phablet, I'd punch them in the middle of the face! ;)

I think the Galaxy Note is pretty much at the limit of what people would put up with in terms of size. The Note 2 now has a 5.5" screen which, if you haven't seen one in the flesh, is massive compared even to the 4.8" screen of the S3 or the 4.7" screen on the HTC One X. Saying that though, the size of the Note is perfectly manageable, and because it's very slim, it doesn't feel quite as unweildy as you'd first imagine it would.

When you consider that tablet screen sizes are available right down to 7" now, then the line is becoming considerably more blurred, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I like there to be a noticeable difference between my tablet and my phone or I'd just find myself asking what's the point of having both.

I still chuckle at the fact that Apple made such a big deal of being able to put an extra row of icons on their new screen as if it's some major technological advance. Jailbreakers almost fell of their chairs laughing as it's something which they've been able to do on iPhones since 2007 :LOL:

kase1983":1ud5jgfx said:
I've just ordered my iPhone 5 ( the wife gets my old 4 )

It's interesting the arguments and the pro,s and cons people shout. I buying mine as I love the way it operates, I tried the s3 and it wasn't for me, I did think I was going to Snap it when I bent over it was so big.

Htc phones released since 2007 - 146
Samsung since 2007 - 250+
Apple since 2007 - 6

Considering apple are a major part in the US economy and they was succefull sueing Samsung for copying they can't be too bad?

But as always each to there own.

Doug
but htc and samsung produce so many phones for different markets. they cater for most budgets and dont always replace one for another. the galaxy s series is on its 3rd incarnation and the note on its second. desire being replaced with the hd and the one x as a replacement/new addition for the titan.
but the android support is still there irrelevant of the incarnation.
the point im trying to make with apple as swish as there customer service and marketing is, they absolutely rape the consumer when it comes to bringing something new out. are they going to try and make such a big deal over the fact that the new one has 4g? its been used in the us for a couple of years now (htc titan again) my android phone is 4g compatible but i guarantee apple will push this tech as if they have invented it, oh and samsung are sueing apple for the stealing of the 4g tech in the iphone :D
iphones are great, its just apple that sucks.

You could also argue that Apple are absolute Genuises/Genii (what's the plural?) in so much as the way they market their new products is such that it convinces the Apple faithful that their tech is new and groundbreaking.

Anyone who can tout video calling aka "FaceTime" - which has been around on mobile phones since before the time of the original iPhone - as "new and groundbreaking" because it's now available over mobile data connections as well as WiFi (which it was previously for other phones, just not the iPhone) must be pretty switched on when it comes to the art of selling stuff..!

Back