2005 Specialized FSR XC

New pictures with Race Face seat post fitted, looking better now:

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

IMAG0547.jpg

Hello........

I have been thinking of upgrading the rear shock on my FSR XC, do you have any suggestions as to the best rear shock to buy on a budget ?

Fox shocks are good I hear. Forgive me, I'm a total full suspension noob !

can't help with the shock, but have to say the change in seatpost has tidied things up nicely.

of course now your pedals and cranks stand out a little :LOL:

money money money :LOL:

gavinda":4s44byw1 said:
can't help with the shock, but have to say the change in seatpost has tidied things up nicely.

of course now your pedals and cranks stand out a little :LOL:

money money money :LOL:

Oohhhhh FFS !!!! Some people are NEVER happy :)

Say..............

How would one go about servicing the pivot points on the rear suspension of one of these fine cycles.

Do I just unbolt all of the joints, apply grease then hand tighten them up again with the allen key?

Kindest Regards

Father Xmarse.

superstu":ylbr2lwq said:
Great looking bike. If I was fussy (which I'm not) I'd like a black seatpost to match the rest.

How are forks? Don't see many of them around.

I used one of these quite extensively in 2005, and its a very capable machine. The forks were very well damped but lacked ever so slightly in the tracking department. Nothing the average rider need worry about tho.

Most of the original seat posts were replaced under warranty as the heads quite alarmingly came detached from the shafts allowing the saddle to move side to side.

Very fond memories of 'Fraser'. :)

Trebz":2loj058m said:
Hello........

I have been thinking of upgrading the rear shock on my FSR XC, do you have any suggestions as to the best rear shock to buy on a budget ?

Fox shocks are good I hear. Forgive me, I'm a total full suspension noob !
I bought an Fox RPL for my Fuel, If you want a lockout and PP i'd say go find one.

Can anyone help with advice on servicing the rear joints on the FSR-XC ?

See request above.

Thanks

Back