Raleigh Banana Bike

scarrabri

Devout Dirtbag
Hi i have just bought a Raleigh Banana Bike which i really like ,its the first road bike i have ever rode and i think its brilliant ,it has two gear levers which i am not sure how to use me being a little stupid and used to riding my Tonaro Bighit E/Bike i was wondering where one could get a manual or could some kind sole give me a clue as what to do,very best wishes Brian.

Re: !

milton01":2d2y3ww2 said:
just have a go and twiddle all the nobs and see what happens!!
any pictures?

Hi and thank you for your reply ,and beleave you me ive done some twiddling ,but i have sorted it ,
The Der is a sachs Huret type and as smooth a change as one could wish but the gears kept slipping out ,but i then realsed the gear levers were the friction type ,a little like what i have on mu ukulele banjo ,so i tightend them up and wonderful just like a rolls ,heres a few pics ,

013-2.jpg

009-5.jpg

011-3.jpg

003-7.jpg
006-6.jpg
004-8.jpg

Yeah they are what they are. Good basic bike ideal for getting involved in road riding. The Reynolds 531c with Shimano 105 groupset was the one to have (and still is!)

I have just the frame of one of these in finest Hi-Ten gas pipe. It's quite small - I think 19.5 or 20.5 inch seat tube.

Is there any chance anyone wants it (for free!)?

There is every chance and that is very kind. Put it in the Classifieds and it'll be gone within seconds of hitting 'Enter'

How good is good?

Hi cant help thinking if my Raliegh is the basic model ,and i really do like it, just how good is a good one and would i notice a difference?

Back