Bedgely August 6th - Who's coming and what ya bringing

I will also have a camera handy.

I will be sporting my 'RetroBike' thumbie T-Shirt in order to stand out from the lycra clad crowd, and act as a magnet to all the Retro bikers in attendance..

So, only two days to go until the meet at Bedgebury, so who is definitely coming ??

There have been a few to put their hands up but so we don't ride off and leave people behind can we get an idea of who is actually planning on being there ??

Plan is to meet at 10am in the car park.
Have a meet & Greet, cup of coffee, quick look at the rides and chat..
Head off round the 13km singletrack.
Come back to carpark for repairs/food/rest ..
Head off on either another lap or perhaps the other route depending on how busy it is ...
anything goes after that ...

So far the list is:
Me
Chris2lou
Kestonian

Who else ????

it is not too big . there are separate entrances , take the first one .

for those coming through the dartford tunel , tomorrow is world superbike at Brand hatch . so gonna be very busy . 100000 bikers are coming down .

What a fun place to ride. Alright it's not spectacular or particularly technical (there were kiddies along the course) but the 13km track is 90% purpose-built twisty wooded singletrack, with quite a few climbs, which makes riding it twice, like some of us did, quite knackering. A lot of the ground surface is covered with either large gravel or loose soil which makes some turns tricky and you certainly have to be looking where you are going - and as you increase the speed it gets trickier.
Cheers guys for organising this - I'll surely come back to this area, and the nearby "Buys Water" (I think) that Max recommended us as being even better.
It was hard work riding ahead, popping the camera out of the bag and getting the settings right for the dark woods in time for catching some riding action, but at least I got a half-decent shot of everyone.

Great ride and some awesome shots by Sylvain! Would have loved to stick around for a second lap - did you find the North Shore stuff?

Back