Carbon forks... what do you think?

legrandefromage":egrsskg9 said:
I had retro Time carbon forks on my even more retro Motobecane -

LGF: There's something about that - it just looks right. Any more pictures? And how does it ride compared to a steel fork?

Rich34":11s6lf1k said:
legrandefromage":11s6lf1k said:
I had retro Time carbon forks on my even more retro Motobecane -

LGF: There's something about that - it just looks right. Any more pictures? And how does it ride compared to a steel fork?

It was very fast - too small but somehow got me back into road bikes after some 10 years. It was running Campagnolo Xenon at the time. Long ago sold on.

here's another carbon fork (Time 'sprint') for you, and a sort of carbon frame too from 1994 (1" steerer also ;))

ab09169e.jpg

Tel":1cll8l2c said:
As long as they look right aesthetically I don't have a problem.....

What colour is the Pina?

It's blue... The same blue (though slightly different decals - some small yellow abstract shapes amongst the typography) as this, though I hasten to add this is neither my picture or bike
http://gallery.roadbikereview.com/data/ ... /2/GP3.JPG

Thanks for all the replies. Of course there's no doubting the retroness of carbon, I just meant when viewed alongside some of the more mature rides that surface here :LOL:

I love the straight bladed Time forks Mr Big Cheese. A new question then, what's the advantage of straight over curved forks? Is it just a style thing? Presumably the wheelbase effectively remains the same as the rake of the curved forks is matched by the angle of the straight fork...

Thinking aloud really :LOL:

My opinion ( purely aesthetic) is that if the frame came with a unicrown fork from the factory then exchanging it to a carbon fork looks good. I have done it before and enjoyed the ride. Personally I can't take a pretty lugged fork off a nice lugged frame. But it is your bike so do as you see fit. Post a pic and write about your experience with so others can enjoy.

Back