Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
we look at 26 in wheeled mtb and they appeal to the eye - is it that we are used to them or they are nicely proportioned?

but a 29er, small frame size looks weird? :shock:

Attachments

• kkk.jpg
    kkk.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 949
I like the looks and idea behind 29" , but do wonder what it would be like for a smaller rider like myself (5'7" when I get up). Never ridden a full 29er so I couldn't comment, but my my rigid 69er slightly unwieldy on twisty stuff but that could also be to do with the stiff fork.

On that particular bike, the angle of the stem to the top tube looks odd.

I'm not sure I will ever be able to cope mentally with the aesthetics of a MTB with a negative rise stem.

^^^ that is a strange riding position, all my mtbs and road bike have the bars lower than the seat.

I think they're getting better, but I'm not sold. I like mucking about hopping off stuff and generally razzing about in the local woods, the stuff I've read is that they can feel a bit dull and lifeless compared to a 26 incher.

But then I guess life would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

02gf74":1w0jtqqu said:
^^^ that is a strange riding position, all my mtbs and road bike have the bars lower than the seat.

My modern has the handlebar 1" above the seat (was 2.5" in original spec), and you get used to that pretty quickly. I'm aiming at getting them level though.

And yes, 29ers look weird.

No comment

img_148561_e_hands_trek_mtb.jpg

Haro_Extreme_HT.jpg

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336778f38c4204e6b8f8bd4a41f9039c551.jpg

Back