RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

Big thx to paul, lee and martin, a fantastic day and all the better for organizing the perfect weather as well :D

Also big thx for beer at end (spencer) was well enjoyed and tasted excellent

Great day out chaps ,well organised and epic scenery washed down with glorious sunshine.
Thought the climb to the mast would be easier this year but alas just as bad :shock: also funny how my memory deleted most of the climbing all I could remember was the mast climb then drop into Bradwell, climb up to the quarry then my memory was all downhill to Edale !then climb to Hollins Cross then all downhill ...simples :LOL:
loved it my second year now and a brilliant day out
thanks to all who took photos too

Here's my aftermath pictures:

This is my bike in the car park.....

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

This is my wrist in a splint after visiting A & E. Caused by my falling off my bike IN THE EFFIN CAR PARK before the ride had even started.

IMAG0548-1.jpg

This is me sat on my sofa, sulking with a glass of wine WHILST YOU LOT WERE STILL OUT RIDING !!!!!!!

IMAG0550.jpg

My hand has suffered deep tissue damage, no break or fracture. Can't drive my car or open a beer bottle.

I also suffered from some mild localised chaffing on my right elbow, a small bruise on my hip and I pulled my back out a bit.

Sick as hell.

Looks like you all had a great day though hehehehehehhe

;-)

Regards

Trebz

A day in the peaks. it certainly is that with some tough climbs and sweet techy descents that make it all worth while. my second attendance on this ride calendar feature and can't wait for the next. On street, free parking next to the meet-point was a good start with blue skies all over. Although a little chilly early on, the first notorious climb up to the transmitter saw riders stripping the gore-tex like it was burning their skin :eek: .

rich(trebz) had an early exit after tumbling off his bike in the carpark resulting in a very sore hand and inability to change gear or brake effectively so, understandably retired. :cry: we share your disappointment :cool:.

thanks to the AEC/dep AEC' for the guidance. it was great to meet some new faces to me and generally have a laugh and natter all way round the 20 miles of peak district. thanks to videojetman for the frame and box 'o' bits. ;)

unlike me, won crash of the ride :) i'm pleased to say it was one of those slow motion, can see the jagged rocks approaching your face type of crashes. no harm done :cool: nice t-shirt by the way, at 6' 2" i will probably squeeze into a small providing they are 'american' sizes. :LOL:

again, great day with good craic, bikes, banter and palave. aching all over today, probably worse tomorrow. :)

rest after the First climb for the slow and steady group.

PICT0004-3.jpg

i took time out on the next climb for photos(not due to poor fitness,ok) ;)

PICT0005-2.jpg

welcome down hill stuff for chalieboy.

PICT0008-3.jpg

cannot remember where but looks fun!

I can see a ship from this nest.

PICT0011-2.jpg

tedc makes it look easy.

PICT0015-3.jpg

almost a family photo :)

PICT0019-3.jpg

this youngster was ace on his rock lobster. thumbs up :cool:

PICT0013-3.jpg

steady, rich, just had that wheel trued up. :)

PICT0021-4.jpg

jeff at resting pace.

PICT0010-4.jpg

john takes a stonechair for look-back at the rocky, lung busting climb.

PICT0026-2.jpg

AndyB lets some air out of rear tyre. told him a thousand times 'match' stick :roll: :LOL:
PICT0027-3.jpg

captaincosmic all very chilled out. good work on that highpath fella!(back ground)

PICT0031-2.jpg

longun pops his chain! too much 'horse power'
:)
PICT0033-1.jpg

for better views, get climbing.

PICT0037-3.jpg

PICT0036-2.jpg

always a big smile from letmetalktomark.

PICT0041-2.jpg

no fear.

PICT0042-3.jpg

cam baterries too low to take any more but hope i've got most folk in.

cheers, see you all again!

nightmare!

the rest of you had fun it seemed....weather looked kind.

i settled for a local ride, far too tired for 6hrs of driving :?

thanks again for a great day folks........stunning scenery, great company and just perfect weather......great to see the retrobike 'blitz spirit' still permeating the day too, although im a little miffed that most people missed my impromptu endo and bath in the puddle of doom at the gate on mam tor.....if i must make myself look stupid in surry consisting of 50% cow poo then at least let others witness it!......i will upload my pics later, but just wanted to add my bit......those that missed it missed one of the best rb days out ive ever experienced......thanks again to all those that rode next to me, chatted, laughed at me, sweated with me to the radio mast, took the piss.......whatever!........ :D

Another classic day out in the Peak District.

The route was a winner as always and another great crowd turned out to make it all a great one. For the fourth consecutive year the weather also played along with warm sunshine and blue skies.

I shall post up some of my photos and some more thoughts at some point too.

Many thanks to everyone for being there. Thanks also to Lee and Martin for helping out with the guiding and, of course, to Spencer for the keg of ale.

Back