And today I did......

It was a couple of years ago now but .................. I found it a bit bland, barren, featureless nothing really stood out and since then Ive never felt the urge to revisit which is unusual for me.

But I look at it as a blank (barren) canvas with good development potential in the right hands. (This wasn't cut'n'paste from a property ad :LOL: )

Another thing they will have to seriously look at the parking :?
Cant remember, is the Cathkin Road surface pretty poor?

PS. Is there a big flat platform to the east past a antenna with a view of the town, there was a decent descent off the platform followed buy a tight'ish left hander.

Cathkin road surface is terrible, lots of water running off fields and freezing, crumbling verges etc. Parking for only about 20 cars or so, unless they plan to use the car park in golf club across the road for the actual games. But I don't imagine that would be feasible for scottish championship rounds if it were to host any.
As you say it's a bit bleak up there but a moor overlooking one of 1960s Britain's biggest cooncil schemes is never going to be the most scenic venue in the world.

What your sayings correct but parking would surely be included in the development plans, BTW there has been SXC races at Cathkin Braes or am I just misunderstanding you ;)

gnawamurney":2t20u9n8 said:
As you say it's a bit bleak up there but a moor overlooking one of 1960s Britain's biggest cooncil schemes is never going to be the most scenic venue in the world.

Not sure id want to revisit C/milk :? Stayed there in a mates house for a while and it wasnt a very nice place to live.Whether id want to be cutting about the area on a £3G mtb is not something id look forward to,especially if i had a mechanical and had to walk it home.

Went for a spin on the road bike. Wish I'd picked a day without gale force winds! And doing the lap of Arthur Seat isnae much fun when your kindest available gear is 39:25.

The flip side being 53:12 is great fun on the way down!! And the flat bits are fine.

Did a loop of West Renfrewshire today. 41 miles and what seemed like a lot of hills. Did it on the old Raleigh , 30 years old and never missed a beat.
Unlike me. I started to struggle a bit at Kilmacolm. I stopped for a drink at the co-op and set off at the same time as a bloke on a modern bike. When we got to the first hill heading towards Lochwinnoch I stood up and got an attack of cramp. My right leg went as rigid as Peter Norths bobby. I got well and truely dropped by the other cyclist. Worse was to come tho ! Pulling away from the lights at Canal St in Elderslie I was passed by a lassie on a hub geared thingy. :oops:

http://veloroutes.org/bikemaps/?route=89272

Won a £60 voucher for the Bike Chain in Edinburgh in the Singletrack magazine Tuesday treats draw. Do I keep it for something sensible or blow the load on something shiny?

Mmmm, shiny :)

Back