justice was served.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i was on my daily commute to work this morning and noticed a police car pulled up to the side just waiting for something to happen.
so stopped at the lights as they were on red, when they turned green i carried on and some pillock in a bmw flew through the lights nearly knocking me off my bike.
next thing i knew the police car gave chase and promptly stopped the pillock in the bmw.
when i was passing i thanked the police man and told the pillock what i thought of him.
good to know the police are looking out for the good guy.

I don't bother looking at the make of car, I just look for young female drivers in small hatchbacks, mums in people carriers (especially silver ones), and elderly drivers in anything.

All of that said, I nearly had a head on while riding my horse yesterday, with a young guy in a Lexus 4x4. I have no idea where he was looking, while driving fast down a country lane, but for sure it was not at the road in front of him.

I didn't have to say anything, as he stopped just in time for my horse to give him a really withering look. The driver looked very :oops:

I used to be able to pin it down to 'person' in a 'brand/type' but tbu there's to many useless fecks on the road. As part of my job I spend a lot of time driving on 'local' roads and at least once a day have to slam in the brake and use my horn. Hand gestures are out as I'm liveried and uniformed so the horn gets a lot of use, I've actually worn out a horn and the button on my last van!

Yesterday's incident was a woman very carefully pulling out of a t junction looking to make sure she didn't pull out in front of anyone. Not taking into account that the road was so narrow that traffic coming the other way would be on her side of the road. As t was built up area I was only doing 20 instead of the signed 30, and I was able to slow to a stop no problem. The look on her face as she turned to look in my direction was at first shock and then anger, and when I suggested to her that perhaps it would be usefull to look both ways when pulling into a road she couldn't even look at me or acknowledge that she had heard me :roll:

You've just got to love the daily commute haven't you?

I had a classic the other day, an Audi overtook me on a bend and roared off, only to be caught up at the roadworks further down the road.
The look on his face as I went past him slowly, hunched over the bars making load "engine noises" followed by a "See, driving like a twat didn't get you far did it?" was classic.

Granted, this was a "Moment" thing, you had to be there. :LOL:

During my motorbike years a few cars lost wing mirrors or gained a big dent on the drivers door. Just a small reminder to lookwhere they are bloody going.

poweredbypies":jl8zo4jj said:
During my motorbike years a few cars lost wing mirrors or gained a big dent on the drivers door. Just a small reminder to lookwhere they are bloody going.

I have to be careful now, whilst I used to do that I reckon I am statistically due a stabbing from an irate driver by now.

poweredbypies":1h78w2lz said:

Oh yes!!! The dude who invented motorcycle gloves with carbon fibre knuckles was a genius :LOL: :LOL:

Grannygrinder":2exhniro said:
poweredbypies":2exhniro said:

Oh yes!!! The dude who invented motorcycle gloves with carbon fibre knuckles was a genius :LOL: :LOL:

haha! true.

Back