Raleigh technium ( 1989) build

Rob Atkin":21546tny said:
Oh, and MADB, if you ever tire of that frame please let me know, my brother had a Technium and I'd love to replace it for him one day (it was stolen and I know he loved it). He is on here so shhhhhh... :LOL: ;)

I have one :) This is the only picture i have let of it at this time
Deore components mainly
IMG_0215-1.jpg

Nick

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: :x :x

Had my first disaster today bars stem and forks all painted and looking bloody great, so to day was the day to start on the clear coat. Started on the bars and on the first coat it all went wrong. Clear coat running all over the place. I know what I did wrong, a proper school boy error. Tryed to put to much clear on and the can was much to close to the bars :oops:

So now leaving it to dry sand down and start again. :?

Falanx":mbmfq5lf said:
Henkel own the Nitromors brand and since about 2006 all they've done is rape the legacy of working products they subsumed into their portfolio. Nitromors doesn't work anymore because the actual ingredient in working paintstrippers was restricted by EU legislation that came into force in 2008. If however you can find Starchem Synstrip with your google-fu, then that still contains naughty ingredient X. What do the Yanks care about stupid EU law? ;-)

Sorry I'm a bit late to this one...

you can find it easy in the u.k. and even on ebay

big burner":2ic3twhb said:
The bike is in nice con'd sadly though the seatpost is seized in and been cut to :(
So will be stripping it down

Are you going to fix it? Plenty of ideas on here of how to get the seat post out but you splitting to sell I need some wheels. :LOL:

main.php

Forks stem and bars all finished, let me know what you think to the colour and the finish.

Cheers Brian.

cheers

Another lesson learned: when spraying you stem and bars fit the together, or mask of the clamp area, before you start spraying other wise they wonnt fit to gether, DOH...... :?

but I`m loving these....

main.php
:cool:

Back