The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

My initial approach was to get a pair of these

2010i_walnut.jpg

Q Acoustics 2010i and at a later date a sub then possibly a centre and pair of rears.

I'm now thinking this set up will gel a bit better and be better £££ wise.

Boston-Acoustics-Soundware-XS51SE.jpg

Boston Acoustics XS SE 5.1

anyone got any amps going cheap? max around £35-40 posted :oops: it will be for a pair of mission 731's, a pair of their biggggger floor standing brothers. cd player is a loverly sony c77es :D

got loads of bike bits too if trades are possible.

See my Arcam on eBay. Have a bid, if you get it for the start price, and it's probably deliverable for £15 or so via parcel post, it's in budget. Would work well with the Missions.

Big Cheese seems to always have some cheap stuff available too.

Aura would have sold more of those if they hadn't be so far up their own a**hole in calling it the SE -x

Leave out the minus, just call it SEX, but then that would have been a misdescription cos it's deffo not sexy.

Does it sound any good or is it just another euro-shed manufacturer surviving on pseudoscience claptrap and Jimmy Hughes reviews?

apache":2ejeeo5w said:
Aura would have sold more of those if they hadn't be so far up their own a**hole in calling it the SE -x

Leave out the minus, just call it SEX, but then that would have been a misdescription cos it's deffo not sexy.

Does it sound any good or is it just another euro-shed manufacturer surviving on pseudoscience claptrap and Jimmy Hughes reviews?

Ok, now, <sips tea> my Mission 753 always ate most mid range amps for breakfast - '25 to 150w' amplifiers recommended. These were a big seller in their day and for good reason, if you are into electronic music, they are perfect. Now ramblings aside, there was a magazine article many moons ago that found the original 753 worked better with amplifiers of 150 to 300 watts...

The Aura that I have is around 90w (from memory) and takes my Missions, puts them over its knee and spanks them.

So in short,m it wasnt hype, I'd have this over an Audiolab 8000A any day etc etc...

Back