1995 Kona Sex Too Rear Shock ?

I have the exact same bike, what did you find out about rebuild parts from Marzocchi?

Replacement shocks available?

Thanks!

Jay

Shocks

Nothing available from Marzocchi.
Risse Racing makes a shock that will work. Might need to do some custom work on the mounting linkage to make it match up. Problem is $200 for the shock plus custom work... Not sure the bike is worth it.
My rear shock is still holding up fine. The bushings at the rear linkage are starting to wear a lot though. That's my current challenge.

I'm going to tear my shock down within the next week or so. Since O-rings are pretty much available anywhere, I'll try to make my own "seal kit".

My shock doesn't leak oil, just doesn't hold air. So it can only be one of 2 seals.

Found this as well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Marzocc...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab9470162

Its about 7mm longer than the stock A25. Ordered one just to see if it is useable or not.

Jay

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Risse does some good work but don't expect it too quick. I had to wait 2 months for my Lawwill fork to come back. I think you can just find another rear shock for it. Just find the length (eye to eye) and the amount of travel the "zoke" has. I just replaced my Trek 9200 rear shock and it was simple enough!

EndorphineJunkie":yyjxof7a said:
Hello

I have a 1995 Kona Sex Too and probably need to have the rear shock worked on soon. As parts are getting harder to find I'm looking to buy them now. However, I can't find any information on what the shock is. It is like the original Marzocchi but was replaced 1 year after I got the bike so it's a 1996 shock.

If anybody know the model name/number it would be much appreciated. Also, if you know anywhere to get parts that would help as well.

And for the curious. I bought the bike new. I upgraded the brakes to V brakes in '98. I just replaced the original flat TI handlebar with a longer bar with some sweep and rize for comfort. I'm planning to do a 600 mile bikepacking trip on it next summmer.

Thanks for you help.

Long Live KONA!

My reponse on another thread about same topic...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 72#1664672

Latest posts

Back